• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG160 FX Cutter problems

Sublime

I am using the mimaki cutter to cut through convex 12mil material and can't seem to cut through. The blade also slightly scratches?

Anyone know a fix for this problem?

Cheers
Brett

Vinylman

I am using the mimaki cutter to cut through convex 12mil material and can't seem to cut through. The blade also slightly scratches?

Anyone know a fix for this problem?

Cheers
Brett

Brett:
Not familiar with the material you are referring to, and your comment "The blade also slightly scratches"

However, sounds like you need to set the "down force" on the blade so that it applies a little more pressure. That would allow the blade to cut deeper into the material. Go easy as you make a few test cuts till you get the setting correct. Then plot your artwork. If you are cutting 12mm material, I would also suggest you run the plotter a little slower than usual.

One other thing that will make your cut go better. MAKE SURE you have a fresh blade in the plotter.

Sublime

The force is on between 300 and 400 which is max and running at 10 speed. Because the material is so thick, the blade 'drags' along the material giving it a slight scratch.