• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki cjv-30 won't power up

Marksy

Printer started printing different colours through printer Heads had a head sitting around so try to change it now the printer will not power up gets the green light on front of the printer but nothing boot comes on the LCD for a split second and then goes dark
Red light comes on the ink board don't know if that is normal or not
Please help

Last edited:

Neil

Jeez Marksy, why don't you try to describe your problems with a bit more detail. And punctuation.
What are you, like 14?
The first half dozen few words are worth a couple of paragraphs alone.

But if you just want a short answer to your one sentence question: I think you farked your mainboard when you changed the head.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Did you backup your parameters before you changed the head?

Marksy

Did you backup your parameters before you changed the head?
No I didn't is that bad. It was actually my mate that had the printer and he did the head change couldn't be bothered fixing it he bought a new printer and I bought this one from him so I'm trying to figure out what is wrong so doesn't cost too much to fix don't know to much about it

wunder

messure the transistors on mainboard "Headdriver" like 1 or 2 of them a short circuit.....thats it....be sure
I mean the part is NEC4550

Marksy

Thanks heaps I will measure the transistors on the board and see if it can be repaired thanks heaps

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Sounds like the mainboard got fried.... Pro tip, whenever you are going to disconnect any internal cables like the ribbon cables to the head, unplug the power from the machine and wait 15 minutes. This makes sure any residual voltage in the capacitors has dissipated. Not doing so can fry the head or mainboard....

Another easy way to fry things is to let ink or cleaning solvent get on the head cables and run down to the connector on the head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On most Mimaki printers, when the machine doesn't power up, it's a fried main board. The main board distributes power throughout the system so if it goes bad, things just don't turn on. Very rarely it is a bad power board but I would get the main board fixed first.

kensign

hi i bought a mimaki cjv30-130 old,was working great.cutting ,but not the printing. The print head is dry out. i try long time and finally got some test print out, then i took off the print head and clean it for a long time with pressure and solution and i knew i blown it. I put it back after clean it , right away show up error code 06 and i turn on and off couple of times. Then the machine went into comma, control panel all dead, won't start up, no power up, no boot , no lights on inside the back all the mainboard ,nothing at all . I know i must have some solution or things on the print head board or leaking and blown it because try to many times, but i potect the ribbons and boards from the print head to the slider board, no damage or drippings, no bending, I knew that,But now only the one led light on show red on the slider board, and the button green light on and when press it has sound, so i think the power on, but not the mainboard, anyone know how to slove it, i diconnect the ribbons from the print head to the slider board or from the slider board to the main board, still nothing. will a new print head make it back to life , it has green light on front but thats it. Please help, so much appreciated

thank you