• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-107 nozzle problem

bosse

CJV150_01.jpg
CJV150_02.jpg
CJV150ver.jpg
Hi have a problem with a Mimaki cjv150-107.
Service and firmware update ,then went in to storage for a month.
I´v done nozzle cleaning 10 times and upp to 1hour.
needs new dampers or head?
/bosse

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sitting for a month will do that. Make sure your pump is not clogged by pushing cleaning solution through it with a syringe. Then make sure the bottom of the head is nice and clean. The area where the cap top connects usually will have ink build up that prevents a seal between the cap and head. It sounds like you have already done a few head soaks which is normally what I would do as well. At the end of the day the machine shouldn't sit for so long. The last resort is flushing the head directly with a syringe and cleaning solution. This can break the head internally though.

In my experience, heavy cleaning can show worse test prints than not cleaning at all. Have you tried to print anything? I would do another test print, then print a large full color print on some cheap media and do another test print afterward to see if the nozzles slowly start coming back. Sometimes after sitting, you just need to run some ink through it to open things up again.

bosse

Hi again
After 2years I tryed to start the printer again ,and gets error message "28 system halt 1bb:comoi vhv1 oc".
So I have made som mesurments to com16 IO PCB and the slider board.
com16 IO PCB is OK.
On slider board I get low values on TP4 and TP20 (5,5k) indicating that the print head has som problems.
/bosse