• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki cjv150-75

Paultheprinter

I have a Mimaki Cjv150-75, had it for 2 years now without any problems.
I went to cut a run of Biltong labels 2.75” in size and about a 700mm long print run of them using crop marks and intermediate crop marks too.
Printed fine, read crop marks fine then went to cut, and the cut was all over the place, it had definitely tried to follow correct cut line but was out by 2 mm on some and others were out by up to 5mm. I tried re-loading the media, and tried 3 different types of media but every time the cut lines were totally out and each media the cut lines were in exactly the same position.
I have had the same cutting blade and cutting strip for 2 years now and wondered whether that could be the problem.
I then decided to print and cut a circle with a 2mm white border, again a run of 700mm all cut perfect, the same story with a 3” high black rectangles.

I then wondered if there could be a glitch in the file of this particular Biltong logo and decided to open up a new project in Corel and re-drew the label, I then print and cut and it came out perfect, in 2 years I have never had a glitch in a file, had no errors in Corel draw, and only 1 error on the Mimaki last week which the tech guys told me if it’s only flashed up once and disappeared to ignore it, I’ll attach the error code below incase it could be partly the reason. I wasted 10 metres of media and 7 hours today trying to sort this out.... could this really have been a glitch in the original Corel file or could i need a new blade or new pinch rollers?
Thanks in advance
Paul

Attachments

• B02A2197-CBE4-4FF1-AD66-5A40A1DC6FE7.jpeg
    B02A2197-CBE4-4FF1-AD66-5A40A1DC6FE7.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 409BDA1C-EFFE-423D-B589-FB734EE0B512.jpeg
    409BDA1C-EFFE-423D-B589-FB734EE0B512.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Jburns

If you re-draw the file and it cuts fine - sounds like the file issue, or if you have a spooler, maybe it was trying to cut a previous job that layout out was slightly different

Paultheprinter

If you re-draw the file and it cuts fine - sounds like the file issue, or if you have a spooler, maybe it was trying to cut a previous job that layout out was slightly different

hi there i don’t think it was cutting a previous job as the cut lines it did, I could see where it was trying to follow the labels, out of 60 labels 3 cut perfect then sporadically some were 2mm out and some were as much as 5mm out, i even tried shutting down rasterlink and re-booting, our of all 10 attempts at the print job I could see that the cut lines were identical when i placed them on top of each other to compare. I just need to establish why it did this so I don’t end up having the same problem again and wasting heaps of ink and media and time. I did get this mimaki error code which the techs said to ignore if it only flashed up once last week then disappeared. I’ve never had a glitch in the system so am having trouble understanding why it’s done this.

Attachments

• 964B81FC-B0BF-4EE2-BB9C-A498E64BA4AC.jpeg
    964B81FC-B0BF-4EE2-BB9C-A498E64BA4AC.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 110

RustyNZ