• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV3-60 How to Change Ink Type from SM3 to SS21

Steve Brown

Hi,
Help please :)
I have a Mimaki CJV30-60 with 4 Colour CMYK Eco Solvent SM3 Inks.
I would like to change the Ink Type to 4 Colour CMYK SS21 Inks.
Is there a Process I need to do as if I just put the SS21 ink into the Printer, the light stays RED and does not Change to GREEN.
Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Start the machine in Parameter Update mode by holding the left and right keys while the machine powers on. Once it boots up, hit the end key once. Then scroll down until you see, "Running Param." and hit enter. Then scroll up until you see parameter [HASHTAG]#121[/HASHTAG]. Hit enter and change the number from 1 to 0. Hit enter and it will update the parameter. Now turn off the machine and turn back on normally. It will ask you to select an ink type. Once you select the ink type. After that depends on the state of the machine. If you already have the SS21 inks filled in the machine, just go back into parameter 121 and set it back to 1. If you do not have the SS21 inks filled yet, you can just keep following the prompts and it will fill up the ink. If there is already ink in the machine, make sure you aren't mixing inks that are incompatible. The proper procedure when changing ink types is to flush completely first.

The LoneStar

I'm thinking about changing over to SS21's as well. does anybody know if you need all 8 cartridge's slots loaded with cleaning fluid? or can you do 4 and then switch and do other 4.