• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki cjv30-130 - changing from 4 to 6 colour help

bjmillard

Hi All - new to this forum and hoping somebody can give me some direction?

I have recently purchased a 6 month old mimaki cjv30-130 running 4 colours - I also have a mimaki cjv30-60 running on 6 colour CMYK lm lc. I want to convert the 130 to 6 colour but am having problems with the conversion process - I have flushed the system and gone through the cleaning/flushing process - switched the machine off and on and am at the stage where i am asked what inkset i am using which is ss21 but then it should give me the option of 4 or 6 colours but is only giving the option of 4 colours. have I missed a process? why havent I got the option of 6 colours? any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance - Ben

bjmillard

Hi Dan - thanks for response - the tubing looks like single feeds and not paired - there was no joint between the pairs or is it not that obvious looking from the front of the carriage? looking at the manual it looks like there would be a joint between the pairs of colours but they are all still individual.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If it was 4 colors at one point you will need to remove the H connectors in the lines behind the cartridge slots. Pull the back cover off that area and you will see them. See the attached document. You will need some specific size little rubber plugs to close off the line interconnections. This also give the procedure.

Just out of curiosity.... why change it to 6 color? It will cut it's speed in half and LcLm give no additional gamut.

Attachments

• Explanation_ink_JV.pdf
    333 KB · Views: 530

Robert M

Plus one

I agree with Sightline

We had one of each in our showroom and the difference was not noticable from a couple of feet away, even close up it was hard to see, and remember it is a sign, not a flower

bjmillard

sightline - thanks for info. im changing to 6 colour as I print a lot of photo quality POS graphics so lot of skin tones etc. also have matched 100s of skin tone colours for pos tray stickers which need to run the same across the 2 machines which wont happen if 1 is 6 colour and 1 is 4 colour.

arbot got the manual thanks and followed it through but dont get the choice of selecting 6 colour option?

thanks folks have a few more options to explore.

bjmillard

I have removed the pipe joins and now have 8 single lines instead of 4 pairs. still only gives me the 4 colour option - from sorting the previous machine it should at this point give me a 4 or 6 colour choice but doesnt? any ideas? thanks in advance - Ben

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hmmm..... not really sure at this point. Only other things I can think to try might be to install the 8 new cartridges MLmCMLcCKY and see if maybe it will give the 6 color option then or maybe some way to set it in Service Mode (keys to press at power on to enter service mode are in the service manual). I have my JV33 permanently set to make the service menus available - just looked around but did not see anything obvious on where you can just manually tell it what ink set you are using so it's going to be one of the parameters - problem is most of the parameter settings are not documented and pretty cryptic.

bjmillard

thanks everyone - have sorted it. in service mode it gives the option to change ink set - then goes through the cleaning process again and then gives option of 4 colour, 6 colour or 6+w. happy days!!

Ronald Coletto

Thanks

if it was 4 colors at one point you will need to remove the h connectors in the lines behind the cartridge slots. Pull the back cover off that area and you will see them. See the attached document. You will need some specific size little rubber plugs to close off the line interconnections. This also give the procedure.

Just out of curiosity.... Why change it to 6 color? It will cut it's speed in half and lclm give no additional gamut.

wow i had same problem for 6 color i am going down to 4 and thx to you guys i was able to do it without a tech service

dirttoo

I purchased my CJV new less than a year ago. I wanted the white and silver option. Well after a couple months of never needing the white/silver inks we switched to the four color set-up and after a couple months of banding issues we switched to six color. The banding is all but gone but now takes forever to print. We do a lot of race car sides and 10 foot takes over an hour to print. There has to be something better?

watchdaride

want to switch my cjv30 from 8 color to 4 color . Any documentation on how to do this or a short run down on instruction converting it .

Klaus Kirkovits

Hi there, my namens Klaus from Austria.
I got a CJV30/130 8 colour and want to covert to 4 colour.
can you choose only in service+new cardridges in the slot, or can you choose 4 colour Setup w/o cardridges in place?

Thanks for your help!

Klaus Kirkovits

Hi there, my namens Klaus from Austria.
I got a CJV30/130 8 colour and want to covert to 4 colour.
can you choose only in service+new cardridges in the slot, or can you choose 4 colour Setup w/o cardridges in place?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Guys,

I fixed it finally:
Before changing to 4 colour you´ll need to restart into service Mode, got to adjust and choose wash head - Carry out the whole procedure and if finished
you can turn back to color choose - it give you 4 or 6 colour --> choose 4 colour --> finished!

Dr_Andriy

How to make a mode of 8 colors if a 4 colors mode now is use? I mean to be able to control each of the 8 colors separately, to be able to apply any color to each line or disable the line?