Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki CJV30-130 Dripping Ink I need to resolve issue.

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by holmeswake, Jan 11, 2019.

1. holmeswake

holmeswake New Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Minnesota
    My CJV30-130 started dripping a blob of ink on each end of my prints every so often. I'm not sure what would be causing this issue. It's been happening for about 8 month, First it was very rare, Not it is several times per day.

Photos attached to see the Blob, The Print Head and Capping Station which was replace about a month ago. No issue there.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a fix? Something to look for?

IMG_1090.jpg IMG_1091.jpg IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1085.JPG

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I would get that with my Roland. Two things would cause it. Sometimes the area around the head will pick up a tiny fiber which collects ink until it drips. Thorough cleaning cures that. Another is what the tech said were ink carts with too much pressure. Removing and inserting a couple times took care of the dripping.

3. holmeswake

holmeswake New Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Minnesota
    Ok, So I I cleaned everything spotless, The Capping station, around the printhead and anywhere I saw old ink build up. Went to do a Test Print and I watched closely to see what was happening. The Ink immediately pooled up in the areas circled in the photo. Looks like its is leaking out of the edge of the Printhead. Is this possible?

Remember, This was spotless 3 minute prior to the photos wing taken. This is all WET INK.

HELP

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 1.42.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 1.33.09 AM.png