• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv30-130 Error 36-C Mark Detect Every time

YSBRANDING

So we have a mimaki cjv30-130. I have 10,000 stickers in smaller sections with registration marks already printed out and ready to be cut. The printer/cutter was doing okay and reading the marks and cutting away. Then, without anything changing in my routine of cutting process this morning, it keeps giving me the error message Error 36-C Mark Detect.

Cut Mode: I line up the front two marks so they are straight, all rollers are straight and in between their triangle sections. Handle down, 6 rollers, cut medium(as usual), roll. It goes through this reading and adjusting process as usual too. Then the mark detect activates, laser comes on, I position the laser point in the correct area of the registration mark, bottom far right. And away it goes, it reads all 4 marks, gets back to the start where it should say LOCAL and wait for further instruction. Instead it keeps giving me the error message. There is no debris, no other marks, no imperfections around any of the 4 marks or in between them. I have tried and tried on other sections and those still do not go through either. I have powered the printer off twice and let it set, with no avail. There is nothing pulling on the media either. Any help?

Thank you,

Amanda
Graphic Designer

pepegraph

some time ago it happened to my CJV 30-60 . I solved by increasing the brightness of the LED sensor ( see p . 4-20 and 4-21 of the instruction manual ).

YSBRANDING

pepegraph,
Thank you, but that does not seem to want to function either. It keeps giving me the Error code 30 Operation Error Media un-detection and will not let me go further to adjust the light settings. :(

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Might try a lint free cloth and alcohol wedge in between the camera eye. Sometimes it gets gunked up. Also physically track the edge of the paper as it goes and adjust accordingly. I've had success with this too even though the front two reg marks were lined up right.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Some other factors you might consider.
Is there at least 3" on the tail end?
Make sure none of the reg marks got out of wack.
How long is the run? I have problems with anything over 115" especially reflective vinyl. That stuff gets too heavy
Are the pinch rollers at there strongest setting? Ours has two settings in the back lifting them up stretches the springs more whereby creating more pinch.
The pinch rollers can get clogged up and lose their grip too. Clean the little rubber wheels.

Don't break out the big hammer just yet! lol

NatEng

We have the same issue when trying to cut laminated printed stickers. You would have thought a video would be done on this important process used by the machine??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
pepegraph,
Thank you, but that does not seem to want to function either. It keeps giving me the Error code 30 Operation Error Media un-detection and will not let me go further to adjust the light settings. :(

This just means you have to have media loaded in order to do the adjustment. Load some media!