• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 offset in width

Erudash

Hello guys,

My CJV30-130 is used to print "rulers" in the width, so it has to be very precise.
The problem is that these rules are good at the start on the right side, but some are shifted a bit and we are left with a difference of up to 5 mm more on the left side compared to the drawing software. These differences between the rulers are random.

Thank you all for your help !!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
These machines are fairly precise but not perfect enough to print a ruler with consistency. You can expect to see about +/- 3mm difference on an ~2.5meter print.

Yours sounds like it might be off by more than that. You want to make sure the material is loaded as straight as possible. Clean the platen with alcohol so any adhesive residue doesn't cause any drag. Check your pinch rollers to make sure they aren't damaged or the rubber is falling off. Then run the print feed adjustment and get it as perfect as possible. Use a loupe to make the alignment right down to the dot level. If everything is in perfect alignment and you still get a big variance, you might need new pinch rollers. You can also try changing the pressure of the rollers and experiment to see what works best.

At the end of the day, vinyl stretches, the roll becomes lighter as you print which throws off the print feed, the pinch rollers ware at different rates and other factors make it pretty much impossible to print a precise ruler consistently.