• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 - Print Condition Help

triplevdesigns

Hello,

I'm new to the wide format printing world and I want to get the best possible prints out of my machine. Does anyone know which media/resolution I should use if I'm printing on CAD-Color express print.

Also does anyone know the best setup for smaller decals. When I print it's really grainy and its not as sharp as I would like it, the font is fuzzy and hard to read and it shouldn't be because its vector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Vanessa

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
For tiny stuff I'd suggest 720x1440 16 pass. Do make sure you have recently done a "Drop Position Correct" on the printer recently as well.

triplevdesigns

I've done the drop position request but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. When you count the lines to the left or the right, how should I be imputing the data, say its the first pattern looks good on the 6th line to the left to I put -6?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think left is positive numbers but I could be wrong. Its either above the last row lines or before the first row there will be a plus and minus. Center is zero. Longer lines at multiples of 5 to make it easier to count. When you run the drop pos correct it will print 8 rows of lines. Use a magnifying glass and mark the best one on each row even if it's halfway between 2. Then the screen will be asking for the correction value for row 1, enter it in (could very well be -6), hit enter and it asks for the next row, etc.