• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv30-160 printing prob

psy

Hi Please can some one help.
Iv tryed varies profiles in mimaki rip software.
Iv turned the heat off and in steps up to 50 degrees.
Iv changed the media.
Tryed 1pass and 2 pass
Tryed bi and uni print.

Any help will be much appropriated.

Thanks

20120712_100043.jpg

Scott Reynolds

What is the question?

EDIT - Ha, I just sat up in my chair and looked at my monitor straight on so the screen wasn't dark. I thought it was a reflection on my screen. I see now what your talking about. Im a dork. :Big Laugh

psy

Hi Sorry.

Im getting banding as if printing lighter every 100mm and then back to normal as seen in the picture.

Is there any thing i can do to stop this?

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Adjust the Feed Compensation and how long since you have run a Dot Position Correction? We do that about once a month. I'm assuming the nozzle test print looks perfect?

genericname

I just sort of assumed everyone with a Mimaki had this happen with their light blues. 360x540 at 6 pass, no problem. Anything including and above 720 though, no dice.

Edit:
For a bit of context, keep in mind that we do everything at high-speed, in unidirectional mode. Slow doesn't seem to change a thing, and bidirectional just brings up the other nightmare of chromatic banding. Also note that I've done all alignments, calibrations, and profiling myself (and well, thank you very much!)

Edit edit, redux:
Only way I've alleviated it when absolutely needing to print at 720 (usually for vinyl), is to lower the temp. There's a sweet spot though; too low, and the banding gets worse.

Last edited:

sha

There is a two possible solution to your problem:

1. In Setup >Type 1-4> Feed Speed Level -Set this option to 70%
This will smooth the feed movement.
This option only works with uni directional printing.

2. CJV printer have very strange material on pre-heater and dryer surface.
It sometimes make material sticking on it and feed motor is struggling to move it and than you get that type of banding as on your picture.

Counter measure for this is: Try to find Teflon self adhesive tape and stick it over the pre- heater. It will not reduce your temperature and your media will glide nicely over the pre-heater.

Good luck

Neil

I get similar problem with my CJV when printing some blues and purples.
See attached. Haven't found a solution yet - not that I've tried much.
It's only with certain colour shades.
Changed passes, speed, temps, converted from vector to bitmap...still does it.

If you're under warranty, try to get an answer from Mimaki...

Attachments

• Streaking1.jpg
    Streaking1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 152
  • CJV purple banding.jpg
    CJV purple banding.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 127

genericname

What media are you guys using. You said all your rolls but are they all the same brand?

Different media, and different brands.

All media and brands give us issues with light blues, purples, and very few shades of green. Blues are an extra problem with our pressure sensitive vinyl, but that's more due to using a higher resolution on it than other media. Higher rez = more well defined banding.

Same as above poster; heat does nothing, feed rate does nothing. Blues just suck.

DiPrinter_com

Hi to all,
doe's your printer have an unwinding system?
If yes release roll of media and observe what happened then.
Media feeding is more visible on gradients like 40-60% of color.
Colour is very sh..tty to print, and media are sensitive to light blue colour.

Regards,
Piotr,
info@DiPrinter.com
www.DiPrinter.com

gcn9800

Mimaki cjv30 color shift

I've had almost perfect color matching using the same profile for the past 6 mos. For not obvious reason there now is a color shift to a sli lighter shade in all colors which can be corrected by adding some black in the color curve. I haven't changed inks and the machine seems to be working well otherwise. Any thoughts? Thanks!