• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 Firmeware needed!!!

mlathem1998

Ok, here is my story. I do some sign work on the sign with a 24 inch cutter. I had been wanting to get into printing, but never could afford a machine. I recently acquired a Mimaki CJV30-100 machine that was purchased new in 2010, not really even used by the original owner. The owner said it was all flushed out properly and it has just been sitting. Well, after many days and weeks of trying to get it working and figuring out how to use the machine I am still not able to use the machine. I found that the head was in pretty bad shape and buying a $1700 head was just NOT an option. After reading on here I found a DX5 head from an Epson printer would work. So, I found one locally for $275, got it installed, and not can pull ink through the head. However, I get an Error 202 Device Construction. I can scroll and see "Possible Composition" and hit enter and it SEEMS to accept it, but nothing will print. So, now I read some more and find that CJV30 2.0 firmware and up will recognize a non mimaki head. So, I am looking for a Firmware version earlier than 2.0 for a CJV30. Can someone please help me because if not I will only have three options: Screw it up worse (not on purpose), wait until take time next year and buy a mimaki head, or give up and TRY to sell the machine for what I have invested. Please Help!! Thanks

Z SIGNS

Welcome to the world of owning a printing machine.
Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a printer tech already.
You could keep banging away at this machine and get it going and you will learn a lot about them along the way or pay a repairmen to do it.
Depends on where you want to focus your effort.
Wanna make signs or be a printer tech.Although if you own a machine you kinda have to be printer tech
If it were me I would just pay the $1700 for the tech guy to come out,glean as much as you can from him,and move on.
$1700 is not that much $ for a machine that contributes to your paychech
Sorry I can't help you with your problem

mlathem1998

Well, unfortunately $1700 is just not even remotely possible. It is very true I have learned a lot from this experience, but not the way I wanted to, thats for sure. I hope someone will have some firmware. I spoke to a Mimaki tech and he couldn't help me and recommended I post on here.

Z SIGNS

Somethings wrong here.What does the 1700 have to do with how much money the machine will make for you and a Mimaki tech can't help you with a machine that's only three years old.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
$1700 is a really good deal on an OEM print head. They are normally $2400. Also, the CJV30 had print to cut workflow issues in earlier firmware versions. If you want to save your self a hassle, I would go OEM on that head. Plus the OEM head normally has a 90 day warranty from Mimaki. Is the old head just clogged? I have recovered a CJV head that was sitting for more than six months un-used. Some flushing should do the trick.

mlathem1998

Well, I know it can make me a lot of money. However, I do not honestly have $1700 for a new head and if I did I would buy it because I know I will make money on it. I am an under paid safety man who tries to do this stuff on the side to make a little extra income.

Somethings wrong here.What does the 1700 have to do with how much money the machine will make for you and a Mimaki tech can't help you with a machine that's only three years old.

mlathem1998

Well, this machine sat for 3 years and honestly I don't know the TRUE history of a 3 year old head. I let the old head soak in butyl cello solve and acetone mixture for days and even got a ultrasonic cleaner to help it out. I did make progress, but never could get any flow except a tiny spray of black once.

$1700 is a really good deal on an OEM print head. They are normally $2400. Also, the CJV30 had print to cut workflow issues in earlier firmware versions. If you want to save your self a hassle, I would go OEM on that head. Plus the OEM head normally has a 90 day warranty from Mimaki. Is the old head just clogged? I have recovered a CJV head that was sitting for more than six months un-used. Some flushing should do the trick.

mlathem1998

Well, now I am confused, I put the old head back on to experiment. Now, I STILL get the ERROR 202 Device construction. Could this be a result of a back print head cable? I know the old head was not getting this error, put on the new head and starting getting this error, and now the old head is giving me this error.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes, if that same error is now coming up with an original Mimaki head then either the head cable has been creased and now has broken pins inside or the main FFC cable bundle between the slider and main board has the same.

mlathem1998

Ok, thanks. I ordered a new cable set off ebay last night, so I hope that does the trick. Seems like one problem after another.

Ignacius

did you solve the problem?

I'm having the same problem. Did you manage to solve the problem, or find the firmware below 2.0?

If you have it please send me

MACRO

170 is about headlock. Nothing to do with firmware. Anyway maybe I have the 2.0 and its good for you. For sure I have the 3.5 but careful if you don't use genuine print head. I'll check tomorrow on my office drive .

MACRO

Maybe I need the 2.0 or the 3.5? Maybe I could try both.

Error 170 is the Print HEad solenoid. I have ordered a new one. The dealer said the first CJV30s had problems with the solenoid. I guess my printer 2008 was one of the first. The part cost like 8,90 but without the part printer does not work. I can change the part myself.

If you send me the 2.0 and 3.5 I can send you the 2.5 and 3.2.

Ichanged the ERROR 08 Linear Sensor but still get the ERROR 08. So I ordered a new linear scale and maybe this will help with the error 08[/QUOTE

MACRO

Anyway the solenoid is under the headlock on the right side of the machine. You can try to put something as wd40 in the solenoid cylinder. It should work

dmin3212

Hello!

I am looking for the most recent firmware for my CJV30-130 as I just learned about MAPS and hope it will help me out with a few missing nozzles in the black. If anyone can help me, please email me. Thank you in advance!

dmin3212@yahoo.com