• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 not filling ink after discharge and wash

jcalhoun

After performing a discharge and wash on a Mimaki CJV30-130 the ink will not fill back up. The cleaning solution did flow through because there was liquid in waste tank.
Prior to performing the wash and discharge all ink was flowing, one of the magentas was not printing right. Some of the channels for one of
the magentas was not printing. Within the last month the pump and capping station has been changed
Using SS21 inks.
Hopefully someone else has experienced this or either knows what is going on.
Thanks

Jennifer Calhoun

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take the cover off of the back of the cartridge area to see if ink is in the ink lines. If there is no ink, it would have to have something to do with the cap top and/or pump. If there is ink in the lines, most likely ink is pumping through the system but it has not come far enough to get to the head. Have you tried running some strong cleanings? Did you use OEM cleaning solution? If you used something else it may have been incompatible with the ink and clogged up.

jcalhoun

I used ones ordered from mimaki. The pump and capping station have both been changed within the last month. This is a printer I bought used and after multiple head soakings and hard cleans I could not get one of the magentas to print all the way
and now after the discharge and wash. I am guessing the head is totally clogged not real sure. It will pull no fluids through the lines

brightbanner

i like vivid color
try pull clear solution with syringe, if it can not clear the channels, the print head will be need change.

Brent