• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Cvj30-130

doxtoby

I have a chance to purchase a cvj30-130 printer, however I am not familiar with the mimaki printers. Let me know the good, bad, and ugly of this make and model. Please be honest as well as anything I should look for.

Jburns

Welcome,
Your questions have been answered in several different areas on the website.
look up thread posts about used printers etc,
Too much for a simple answer here

TomNJ

I have a chance to purchase a cvj30-130 printer, however I am not familiar with the mimaki printers. Let me know the good, bad, and ugly of this make and model. Please be honest as well as anything I should look for.
Hi, I've been looking for a 54" printer cutter as well. My local dealer carries both Mimaki & Roland so I'm able to compare them literally side by side. I think the print quality using the expanded inset on the Roland TrueVIS VG is better, but in CMYK I feel they are equal. I do like the Roland software better than the Mimaki. Be wary about speed claims and don't rely on the max print speeds in the literature. You will never obtain those speeds. Bring your files of the typical work you do to demo on the machines to evaluate speed at different quality levels. The Roland TrueVis being the newer model to market has been getting some negative reviews, but I take them with a grain of salt. In the end, either will probably serve you well, provided it has the specs you require. Most important in my opinion is the support you will receive from your dealer. I would suggest you buy from the dealer closest to you that actually has a tech support team and can also actually provide field service and support. I'm about 90% there to go with the Roland TrueVIS VG-540.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Mimakis are solid machines but what is the application you are going to be focusing on? I will always say "Look" into Latex before you make any machine decision.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With the CJV30 model you want to check the country of manufacture (Near the serial number). If it says Japan, these are great machines and can compete with any Roland or other brand in it's class. If it says China, I would be cautious. The ones made in China had issues with the Y bar being slightly twisted in shipping which causes permanent print head alignment issues. You can tell it's a bad one if you do the head slant adjustment and can not get the pattern to look right no matter what you do. This also will show in the print feed adjustment. You will be able to get 1 side to look perfect but the other side will always be either too far apart or too close.