• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ES3 inks changed over. Don't need silver...

dirttoo

I purchased my Mimaki CJV30-100 new in August. I elected to go with the metallic set-up. Well, I wasn't using the metalics and was just wasting ink cleaning and slowing my process. The Mimaki service guy was in the area and came by and switched out my 8 color set-up for the 4 color set-up. Now I have 3/4 or more full silver, white, lt. magenta and lt. cyan inks just sitting. Are these worth anything? I didn't see any on ebay or anywhere. I would like to maybe get some of my investment back. What could I do with these? Thanks

xxtoni

I purchased my Mimaki CJV30-100 new in August. I elected to go with the metallic set-up. Well, I wasn't using the metalics and was just wasting ink cleaning and slowing my process. The Mimaki service guy was in the area and came by and switched out my 8 color set-up for the 4 color set-up. Now I have 3/4 or more full silver, white, lt. magenta and lt. cyan inks just sitting. Are these worth anything? I didn't see any on ebay or anywhere. I would like to maybe get some of my investment back. What could I do with these? Thanks

You should certainly try to sell them, I was in a similar situation on my Roland with metalics and whites but in the end I decided to keep it as the printer cost extra to have the lights+metalic+white so I didn't want to throw that money away and I don't have a problem with the speed.

For anyone else not using the whites/metalics a lot you can just insert a cartridge of solvent instead of the whites/metalics. If you need the chip you can just take it off an old cartridge that goes into that slot. Then when you need to print metalics or whites you can just use them again. On a Roland the automated cleaning does waste a lot of ink.

kreactioninc

Cleaning Cartridge replace white and metallics?

So May I put Sol Cleaning Cartridges instead of the MEtallic and White and wont damage the print head? Metallic inks are expensive and even if I don't use them they run out.

xxtoni

I still have them in my white/metalic slots. If you use the right cleaning solution it shouldn't damage them no and it is essential that you use the right kind.