• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ink inside my Roland

ronl1975

So my printer has been constantly cleaning every foot for about a week and I've been battling it ever since, some colors ore off and a lot of strange things have been happening. Well I use Bordeaux bulk ink system and just happen to notice that at least 1 bottle inside my printer is for a Mimaki (note the ink bottles don't specify what printer its for it just reads "MS3" and I decided to google it). Before I start making phone calls.

My question is ultimately what happens to my Roland if there is Mimaki ink inside of it ?

ronl1975

It isn't a manufacture ink issue, I have the wrong printer ink in my printer. I've had zero issues with 3rd party ink in 8 years.

Paul Bathe

remove the Mimaki ink and install a ROLAND SL-CL Cleaning Cartridge... Do a high flus

:banghead:
So my printer has been constantly cleaning every foot for about a week and I've been battling it ever since, some colors ore off and a lot of strange things have been happening. Well I use Bordeaux bulk ink system and just happen to notice that at least 1 bottle inside my printer is for a Mimaki (note the ink bottles don't specify what printer its for it just reads "MS3" and I decided to google it). Before I start making phone calls.

My question is ultimately what happens to my Roland if there is Mimaki ink inside of it ?
I have had a semilar experience... It is a simple solution... Buy a Roland Cleaning liquid cartridge for SOL INKS... Remove Mamaki ink source and insert the Roland cartridge...Preform a high head clean on your Roland You may have to do this several times...Watch the affected line going to you head until you can see the clear liquid going to your head, then just remove the cleaning cartridge and install the proper ink and do one more high head clean to get the ink back into the head.. Any questions or problems feel free to call me ... Paul @ Quality signs...803-979-4899 the Roland Cleaning cartridge number is SL-CL The should not be any harm to your Roland... ROLAND BUILDS GREAT EQUIPMENT AND THEY ARE TUFF !!!! I have a SP-300 & a SP-540V

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have spoken with Bordeaux about this exact situation and they say the inks will cause issues if mixed. As stated above, your best bet is to flush the black channel completely and refill with the proper ink. The damper should block any coagulated ink from the head but I would change the damper once the channel is flushed to start of with a fresh filter.