• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ink type change from es3 to ss21

avengine

Director
I want to know what is really change when I set the machine from es3 to ss21, from what I can see when I set to es3, if I put in the ss21 cart. it will not detect it.
is that all? is there anyone know?
since I want to change to ss21 soon, but I do want to know it before I run out of es3, and test the machine completely.
thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ES3 inks are more environmentally friendly and better for your health. The trade off is they are not very scratch resistant and you will need to laminate absolutely everything if you want long term signage. The SS21 inks are used by probably 90% of Mimaki users. So when you change the ink type in the machine it's just telling the machine which type of ink is being used. You will need to flush the entire machine before putting the SS21 inks in. Otherwise it will clog the head.

ProColorGraphics

From what I remember with others, don't you flush it clean with the ES3 cleaner, then flush it with the SS21 cleaner, then put the new SS21 inks in?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From what I remember with others, don't you flush it clean with the ES3 cleaner, then flush it with the SS21 cleaner, then put the new SS21 inks in?

When I do it I empty the machine out first, then change the dampers and flush with SS21 cleaner 2 - 3 times and then fill with SS21 ink. I haven't had any issues with that but your way is probably a little safer.

avengine

Director
I found this link from
https://signs101.com/threads/mimaki-ink-change.143898/
Graphixbygraf

back on Nov 22, 2017
"Answered My own question but in case some one else needed it .. Worked as described found on line use at own risk but worked on both my machines perfect. Caution on some ink changes may want to flush old ink first. As noted above I just went from one solvent to another stronger one and did not flush.

How to enter technician mode?

1. Turn down the front power.
  2. Press "<", ">" at same time when power on.
  3. Find and Enter menu to "SystemParam" turn to #46 SUPPORT 2 (change the value to "2")
How to change ink type?

1. Enter menu ....
  2. Functions
  3. Parameter Function >RUNNING PARAM.
  4. [HASHTAG]#121[/HASHTAG], change value "1" to "0" and change "0" to "1"
  5. After set, the device will ask you to choose a ink type when restart on LCD panel."
what do you guys think? since I ask the supplier that the solvent cart. for washing liquid is the same on ES3 and SS21.
on the other hand and I heard someone use a manual process to clean up the line one by one, this case he can use 3 washing cart. instead of 8 for this job. it will take more but save on washing cart.
My plan is to use Jetbest ink ss21 with the clear plastic cart. and third party chip for this setup. only on 1, 3, 5, and 7 and the rest just the clear cart without chip, just to make sure the valve is open with ink on it.

jimmmi

Hello I would like to ask. You mention that when we want to change ink type we flush with flushing cartige. So do we need 4 cleaning cartiges to clean all colors or can be done one by one color with one cleaning cartige?

zapacituk

hiya, I'm trying to change my ink type in the hidden menu on my jv150-130, but when i enter the Parameter function> i dont have Runnin parrameters just SYSTEM param, Mainte, Servo, Feed, Head, Ope, Ink param 1, Ink param 2, Debug, Scan, nozzle, Hd1, then Wf3 and Wf4, i tried to search the [HASHTAG]#121[/HASHTAG] but no luck, can you help? thank you.

zapacituk

can someone please help, willing to pay!, i bought from easy inks some red chips for 2liter bags SS21, the previous inks was ss21, but with some green chips, and when I put the new red chips, gives an error and says ''ink type'', thank you.

You need change parametes, i attach photo

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a les 9.49.42.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-29 a les 9.49.42.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 437