• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki intermediate mark problems

cyclerc

I have a new mimaki cg130iii and jv150 , the problem is the intermediate mark not working for verticals print using coreldraw 2017 with fine cut 8 . All the updates of finecut are done. The cutter read the two horizontal mark and run out the vinyl trying to read other. Please any help!!!

cyclerc

The problems is not finding the mark, the sistem try to read horizontally but the marks are vertical, If I turn the media horizontal ( if is less than 60) read good. I think is something with Corel comunication. With adobe work

Gary1

I am having the same issue. It really has nothing to do with thicker marks or filled in. It has to do with the cutter not knowing it's looking for intermediate crop marks. You'd think that because you made the crop mark in Finecut8 That this info would be sent to the cutter and the cutter would know what it's looking for. Another problem is the initial time you put the vinyl in the cutter and it looks for the crop marks the first time. It's again only looking for the 4 crop marks if your cutter panel is set up for 4 crop marks. But there is no way to set up the cutter panel to look for intermediate crop marks. This feature was published about maybe 3-4 yrs ago. I have to do a partial wrap next week and my graphic is 48" x 210". I thought I'd practice with this function on 4ft length prints. It failed ever time. The logic is missing. I called my dealer at AGS and they had no clue, I called Mimaki USA and was on the phone for 1 hr and they had no clue either. Then I spoke to a Mimaki Tech guy on Monday and said he would call me on Tuesday. He so far hasn't called back yet. This feature with what I have, latest SR3 cutter, FineCut 8 does not work. The cutter finds crop marks 1 and 2, then when it finds the third one, it thinks it's looking for the forth one and moves to the right, but gets tangled in the graphic and returns back to home. If the cutter knew it was looking for aka "Intermediate Crop Marks", then we would not have this issue. I posted this same question a week ago, with over 60 views, but know one knows either. I guess having a nice 61" new cutter I will have to hand cut my graphic in this day an age. I have a Summa D75 and this thing reads all the crop marks you throw at it and it's so automatic. A night and day difference working with it and producing work. If you see this Mimaki my case number is CAS-39397. Thank you.

Gary1

try a thicker line or "fill around marks", if that doesn't work try adding marks from rasterlink
You cannot add marks in Rasterlink when you are using a CGSR3. Making marks in Rasterlink will only be read if you have a CJV150. The problem is you need to draw a rectangle to make your crop marks.
This really doesn't make any sense at all because you cannot duplicate the same crop mark setup if you need to. Summa will add automatic crop marks they way it sees fit to cut the graphic. This is a huge time saver and eliminates a lot of problems down the road. You can only appreciate this feature if you own a Summa. Rasterlink creates it's own crop marks which is great, but how do you translate that back to Illustrator to cut with a CGSR3??? You can't. Work with it and you'll see why.

Gary1

I have a new mimaki cg130iii and jv150 , the problem is the intermediate mark not working for verticals print using coreldraw 2017 with fine cut 8 . All the updates of finecut are done. The cutter read the two horizontal mark and run out the vinyl trying to read other. Please any help!!!
I feel your pain....

cyclerc

is inconsistent with thick material I don’t know why, if I use vinyl like 3-6mil no problems, but with the 21 mil motocross stuff sometimes goes off. I use horizontal intermediate mark using the wideof the cutter 60” and sometimes go off some of the cuts, the problem is not consistent thats why I dont use the x y corrector.

cyclerc

there you go... Try multiple cuts of 120-130 force.
I was very happy last night after sucess cutting a file with 2 times at 250g with very accurate cut. But today other file with the same setting cutt of the print to the right like 6-10mm , after that I did some tries with less pressure and last with a pen and the same results. Do you think that the problem can be the rollers the 2 in the corners are out of laminate and the center over laminate?

cyclerc

I was very happy last night after sucess cutting a file with 2 times at 250g with very accurate cut. But today other file with the same setting cut off the print to the right like 6-10mm , after that I did some tries with less pressure and last with a pen and the same results. Do you think that the problem can be the rollers the 2 in the corners are out of laminate and the center over laminate?
Print media is 30” wide and the laminate 27”