• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JF 1631 Origin Issue

jdwilliams1

I have 3 - jf1631 machines but one of them is having an issue I can't figure out. The origin is being inconsistent left to right. So when I am standing at the control panel, in the nearest right hand corner the origin right there is moving around on me. I can do a print and then the next print origin left to right is not in the same place. It is the weirdest thing and I hope I am explaining it well enough as I need to fix the issue quickly.

To clarify, I can do a print and then the start origin on the next print will be off by a 1/4 inch. Then I reset the x,y origin and then print and it is ok for 2 print or 5 prints or 10 prints(this is the inconsistent part). We are wasting a ton of material this way and would love someone's thoughts.

Thanks
Jay

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hi Jay try cleaning the encoder strip, I have had this exact problem on one of these before.
Unfortunately I had to replace the encoder strip.
You could also try cleaning the encoder sensor.
The encoder strip is not cheap either, was over 1k
Tekkie1

jdwilliams1

Hi Jay try cleaning the encoder strip, I have had this exact problem on one of these before.
Unfortunately I had to replace the encoder strip.
You could also try cleaning the encoder sensor.
The encoder strip is not cheap either, was over 1k
Tekkie1

Hi Tekkie and thanks for getting back to me. Can you explain to me where the encoder sensor and encoder strip are?

Sorry to be a pain.

Jay

artbot

there are only two types of encoder strips out there for printers 150lpi and 180lpi. i'm certain that a generic encoder strip would perform the same as an OEM strip. ...just a laser copy on a strip of PET

jdwilliams1

there are only two types of encoder strips out there for printers 150lpi and 180lpi. i'm certain that a generic encoder strip would perform the same as an OEM strip. ...just a laser copy on a strip of PET

Where might I find the encoder strip on the machine. Sorry for the dumb question. Would like to clean it if possible.