• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JF 1631 - start up error system halt: 11d:pcb SLRLY-F1

jdwilliams1

I swapped to heads on the same machine and when I went to start up I got this message

system halt: 11d:pcb SLRLY-F1

I am being told the JF Interconnect is blown, is that right and I am also being told that my bad heads will blow it every time is starts up.

I was unaware that I had bad heads, and by bad I do not know what this tech means.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hello Jay
It means that you have blown a fuse on the slider board(the one that the heads plug into at the top) this could be a shorted head that has caused this or it could be that the cables when plugged in have delaminated and moved shorting out the board. The board possibly could be repaired..ie find and replace the fuse but as as has been said if your head is shorted internally plugging it back in will do the same.This is not easy to find and the boards can be expensive to just blow up every time its switched on.
You really need someone(tech on site) to try and resolve this problem and possibly do checks on the heads/cables looking for shorts with a multimeter. If its only the fuse blown and it hasent damaged the rest of the board then you may be ok provided you are able to replace the fuses..or you can just replace what you think is the offending heads and new slider board and you could get lucky,but this is expensive.
sorry I cannot be of any more help...
Tekkie1

jdwilliams1

Hello Jay
It means that you have blown a fuse on the slider board(the one that the heads plug into at the top) this could be a shorted head that has caused this or it could be that the cables when plugged in have delaminated and moved shorting out the board. The board possibly could be repaired..ie find and replace the fuse but as as has been said if your head is shorted internally plugging it back in will do the same.This is not easy to find and the boards can be expensive to just blow up every time its switched on.
You really need someone(tech on site) to try and resolve this problem and possibly do checks on the heads/cables looking for shorts with a multimeter. If its only the fuse blown and it hasent damaged the rest of the board then you may be ok provided you are able to replace the fuses..or you can just replace what you think is the offending heads and new slider board and you could get lucky,but this is expensive.
sorry I cannot be of any more help...
Tekkie1

Tekkie1, I have had the same thing happen to another JF1631, do you by chance know which fuse or where it is located on the board?

Also I was told by another tech it slider interconnect board assembly which is under the gantry on the left side, but you are saying over the heads on the right side.