• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki JFX-1631 PLUS nozzle deflection non-stable

humen2

Hi,

In the last few days we have a special problem, the black printhead gave a strange nozzle test (see picture).
The lines are going out straight but not at the right position (deflected), this is a known problem, but the defects are changing postions in the next test (even without cleaning between the tests), and has the defects are almost in all the nozzles and not located in one area of the print head, and to that problem I didn't find any info.
We've tried cleaning (inside and out), the wipers are fine, air pressure is good and no air in the ink lines.
The Toshiba CE4 head is a double head - side to side with completely two separated subtanks, air and electricity mechanisms for each side, So that both of them has the same problem at the exact same time made me curios.
One black Subtank has blown up two weeks ago, maybe that what caused this.
My guess is a shortcut at the 2 circuits, but before I'm going to change the printhead, I'm asking you, if someone has ever bump into this kind of problem.
Best regards,
Shahar.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-05-29 at 22.19.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-29 at 22.19.47.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 448

Pitzu

This can happen when the printhead doesn't have the correct voltage and temperature (not getting enough voltage, low temperature of the printhead) or problem with the ink.

humen2

This can happen when the printhead doesn't have the correct voltage and temperature (not getting enough voltage, low temperature of the printhead) or problem with the ink.

Thanks.
I thought about playing with the voltage a bit, so I'll try that. And I'll check the temp (I didn't thought of that).
I'm also gonna disassemble the flat cable from the head and do some contact cleaning over there.

Regards,
Shahar.