• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Mimaki Jfx200 2513 - Encoder Strip Strip Replacement

Blazing_Murph

Hey everyone, has anyone purchased an encoder strip for their flatbed and replaced it themselves. Not sure what goes into punching the holes and replacing. If anyone has any insight itd be helpful. thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hey everyone, has anyone purchased an encoder strip for their flatbed and replaced it themselves. Not sure what goes into punching the holes and replacing. If anyone has any insight itd be helpful. thanks

If you get an OEM one you don't have to punch the holes and it should be very easy to change. The only ones you have to cut to to length and punch holes are the after market ones. Just make sure to take any protective film off before install and wear rubber gloves to prevent finger grease messing it up.

Blazing_Murph

So we got the encoder strip replaced and after a couple prints we are already getting mis registered prints, even printing on the station itself. My only guess is that there is a hair or something on the sensor itself, is there anyway to clean the sensor or is this going to require another visit? Any help would be appreciated with the sensor cleaning or IDing the problem. Thanks guys

Blazing_Murph

By mis registered prints what do you mean? Do you have a picture?
Our White (Valid Pixel) layer wasn't lining up with our Color layer and the entire job wasn't printing true to where it should have been. There was a nice little hair right on the sensor that we got taken care of and we're back up and running. Thanks for the reply and help everyone