• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 EX Clear printing

pepford

Trying to print clear on a metal and foam but the clear seams to be banding. Nozzle check is fine. I tried multiple ways of printing clear but I can't get a smooth clear finish. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Clear print Test.jpg
    Clear print Test.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 458

rjssigns

What resolution/pass? One in the lab at school lays down clear nicely. Matter of fact you can lay down so much in gloss mode that you pick up "environments". Learned "environments" from the Mimaki rep. Fancy term for whatever is floating in the air getting stuck in the clear.

It's spring break, but I have to be on campus at some point this week. I'll be able to check/ask about settings. Haven't run it enough to have things memorized.

By mimaki.com under your machine can dowload manual for clear -> https://mimaki.com/product/inkjet/i-flat/jfx200-2513-ex/download-manual.html try!

I was going to send this but also to piggy-back, its important to run this clear a couple times a week.

I run a square foot panel at 100% twice a week to mitigate banding like youve show.

Also under the composite tab in Rasterlink theres an option to compose with either speed or quality selected.

If i run into issues with clear i typically choose quality if i dont have time to swab the heads and run a square foot panel and it works fine.