• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200 On Board Primer

bjt140

Curious if anyone else is having issues with the on board primer clogging your head. I am on head 3 now (machine is 1.5yrs old) and was told I missed the replacement warranty by a month and that its only covered for 90 days. Supplier told me that other customers treat it as a consumable part and I should just plan to replace the head every 3-4 months.

All my other channels are great, its just the primer that is clogging and roughly only half the nozzles are there now.

Thanks for any advice!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have any experience with the primer on that machine but if someone told me I needed to purchase an almost $4000 print head every 3-4 months I would be furious. There are 3 categories of print head the way I see it.

1. HP latex type heads that are considered a consumable and are only about $120.

2. Epson style heads which are more of a permanent head that you can expect to get about 3- 5 years out of at least.

3. Richo and Xaar style heads which are more industrial and use stronger metals for the surface plate but have slightly lower resolutions.

The JFX200 uses the 3rd category. I would have someone take a look at your re-circulation system and see if maybe it isn't working properly. Also, if you haven't changed the primary filters for the primer in over a year, it's time to do it. You really should with all of the filters but since you are having issues with the primer, I would start there.

Susan Stewart

Curious if anyone else is having issues with the on board primer clogging your head. I am on head 3 now (machine is 1.5yrs old) and was told I missed the replacement warranty by a month and that its only covered for 90 days. Supplier told me that other customers treat it as a consumable part and I should just plan to replace the head every 3-4 months.

All my other channels are great, its just the primer that is clogging and roughly only half the nozzles are there now.

Thanks for any advice!
We have the same printer at our shop. We have had issues with the primer having clogged and deflective nozzles in the past. Are you wiping the heads with a lint free cloth daily or whenever you run the machine? Have you tried doing a nozzle wash or an air purge? Also, you can try doing a wet soak on the head. You can hold a wet cloth (wet with the F-200/FL-22 washing liquid) on the head for 1 or 2 minutes. Then do a soft cleaning on the heads when your done.