• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX500-2131 ?

SignManiac

Anyone here using or have any experience with the the Mimaki JFX500 flatbed printer. Good or bad? I can't seem to find a lot of end user info on it. Buying one and just want to see if there have been any reported issues with it.

Muchaso Gracias

Bogdaniel

Hi there, i'm using at work this printer. It's pretty ok except the fact that at some point the heads will get very dirty of dried ink and you will have to replace from what i've heard. The ink around the heads doesn't come off after dry even if i do maintenance every day. Also the manual says that you have to do maintenance every day after you finished printing which is quite expensive specially if you follow the rules and use one stick per head. The print is ok colors are ok, we print on several types of material including glass.

robibilic

There are four different tipes of ink. I have jfx500 for two months. I have LUS120. That ink cost half price comparing other . LH100 is not flexible at all. It is like a stone. I guess you could have that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There aren't a ton of JFX500s out there mostly because the price is outside a lot of shop's budget. But there are a ton of JFX200s out there which are the entry level version of that machine. As stated above, you need to run daily maintenance on them to keep them running smoothly but that is the case with every single printer in this industry. If I spent $100,000+ on a printer I would maintain it every day anyway even if the manufacturer didn't tell me to! Protect your investment! The heads are expensive though so as long as you maintain them and don't get major head strikes, they should last you a very long time.

Last edited:

studio 440

Anyone here using or have any experience with the the Mimaki JFX500 flatbed printer. Good or bad? I can't seem to find a lot of end user info on it. Buying one and just want to see if there have been any reported issues with it.

Muchaso Gracias
welcome back any updated pictures of the man cave you were doing ?

chromira

Hi there, i'm using at work this printer. It's pretty ok except the fact that at some point the heads will get very dirty of dried ink and you will have to replace from what i've heard. The ink around the heads doesn't come off after dry even if i do maintenance every day. Also the manual says that you have to do maintenance every day after you finished printing which is quite expensive specially if you follow the rules and use one stick per head. The print is ok colors are ok, we print on several types of material including glass.
We found the sticks on ebay and they are very inexpensive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/300pcs-Cle...ent-Format-Inkjet-Printer-Roland/332152472276