• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV 160 SP to 160 S conversion please help !

Wintersun

Can someone help ?
Ive had some problems with my mimaki JV 160SP and its costing me a kings ransom, so i want to move it down to using just 2 heads as i dont need speed. This will reduce my costs for replacement heads, dampers, pumps, capping tops etc.. etc.. etc..
Ive read on here that i can change it to 6 colour 3 heads, but im assuming that by using a CMYK colour profile i will be able to get by using just 2 heads with colours splits on the dual manifiolds.

Is there anything special i need to be aware of to make this work apart from chips for light magenta and light cyan ?
what do i do with the xtra 2 caps on the capping station, what do i do with the remaining ink lines left over from the other ink carts..
Do i have to alter the position of the heads from where they are etc.. ?
Any help would be great, im also assuming the alignments will be easier to do as there are only 2 heads to line up in my instance ?

Thanks

Chris

artbot

with rasterlink it's very easy. keep it in CMYKlmlc/ -SS. you'll need permanent chips for the lmlc. now just run a CMYK profile and it will print from the two heads. you'll need heads plugged into the lm lc. you' can use old clogged heads and just run homebrew cleaning solution through them. if not they will eventually heat up/dry out from the lack of "ink" and error 07.

Wintersun

with rasterlink it's very easy. keep it in CMYKlmlc/ -SS. you'll need permanent chips for the lmlc. now just run a CMYK profile and it will print from the two heads. you'll need heads plugged into the lm lc. you' can use old clogged heads and just run homebrew cleaning solution through them. if not they will eventually heat up/dry out from the lack of "ink" and error 07.

Thats an awesome tip, im using wasatch so hopefully that will work.
By the way whats homebrew cleaning solution, just any flush ?