• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3-160 s not printing at all!

Jkirby

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have a Mimaki Jv3-160s. I had to change a damper on it yesterday and also while I was there I changed two of the ribbon cables that connect to the print heads. Anyway, when I fired the machine back up, I got a display message that stated error 07 head. I went back and checked the ribbon cables (not sure if that is the correct name for them) and one did not have a good connection. I re-connected it, put everything back together, fired the printer up and it ran through all of its startup process. I pressed the button to size the material, which it did with no problems, I then pressed the test print button, the print head moved down the rail like it was printing, but it did not print anything, no colors whatsoever. Before it was printing everything except for yellow (what I changed the damper on). Now nothing! No error messages or anything. Please help!

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Error 07 means printer can not find print head, the problem caused by bad head cable connect.

Printing nothing may caused by air leak.

Email to me and I can send technician advice to you.

Brent

heyskull

Re-seat head cable.
Check that the head is pulling ink through.
If no ink is pulled through check damper manifold and cap.

SC

Coffee Creative

Just recently went through a similar problem, possible that it could be a bad encoder sensor. If the encoder sensor doesn't send back a signal to the main board, the heads don't fire on a JV3. It's one of the only machines that does this without giving a motor error.