• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 160s rip, installation cable type and general help

Koder

I have just bought a MIMAKI JV3 160S and i need a lot of assistance with the following ?a. do i need a dungle, if yes how do i get it ?b. what RIP version will work for it ?c. what cable do i need to connect to the pc ?d. can someone help me with a trial version of rasterlink that will work for it, i need to see the machine run because i already paid for it.e. can it run eco solvent ink? if yes, do i need to convert something or how do i star on eco solvent ?f. how can i get away with a bulk ink system (i mainly want to run away from the smell of the ink since i have a small working space)PLEASE HELPThanks in advanceKoderkoderinovationz@gmail.com

4R Graphics

WOW not to be rude but what were you thinking buying this if you dont know any of what you asked.

Ok to answer you questions first a dongle will be with the rip you use.

a RIP is the software you use to actually convert and send the file to be printed to the printer.

the JV3 160S has 2 options to connect to it lpt (old printer type very slow) and 1394 firewire (almost obsolete) you can get firewire cards for running in new computers I recommend firewire.

as for a rip most of the rips out there will support it just check with the manufacturer to see if the version you are buying will work.

It is a solvent printer yes you can run eco solvent inks but you will need profiles this is where you will have trouble there are very few profiles for the printer out there HOWEVER you can use the profiles for the JV3 160SP models there are plenty of those.

if you want to have a bulk ink system check with triangle inks they have good inks and made a bulk ink system for that printer (along time ago) you will also have to see about the firmware the printer is running certain firmware version is required for bulkink system.

Hope this helps you a little.

NEVER EVER BUY A USED PRINTER WITH OUT SEEING IT PRINT FIRST!!!!! unless its just a steal and you can use it for parts on your current printer.

Just my 2 cents.