• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160S will not suck?

MightyWraps

ANy ideas about why my Mimaki JV3 will not suck ink in the middle
docking station? I assume the tube is plugged because I
can see the tube pulsating during the Disway wash, but cleaning fluid
sits in only the middle of the 3. Any simple fixes?

MightyWraps

I have had it since April of 08. I was to have new heads and pumps when I purchased. I believe its 5 years old.

TheSnowman

Well, no idea if that's what it really had when you bought it or not, but you can do a pump swap yourself pretty easily. I was nervous about doing it, but I called the Tech @ Advantage and they walked me right through it. First one took 45 mins, the second one took about 10.

Just a tip, you may wanna stop into the "introduce yourself" area, and let us know a little about you. We don't mind helping, but we like to know a little about the people when they join the forum too, before they just start askin' for answers.

MightyWraps

Not sure if I introduced in the correct place. Still trying to find my way around this site. I did add some pics to my profile with a little about myself.

MightyWraps

I think I will try to move that line to another pump to see if that works. Its acting like it wants to pump. I think it would take a lot to clog the line so I will test the pump.

MightyWraps

If the station is holding the ink, could it still be a bad pump? Looks like through some reading that the ink will drain out of the station if the pump is bad. Again, when I DisWay
wash, only the middle station holds the ink when pumps come on to suck the ink.

MightyWraps

Thanks snoden. I switched the lines and pump is good. I had to sweep the middle line like a chiminey to unclog. I have it sitting in cleaning solution and will for a few hours to further clean that line. I dont get it. I just printed a 4x8 banner Mon. and all was fine.

TheSnowman

Sooo...if you switched the lines, isn't that gonna screw up your colors really bad, until you do a flush? Or am I just thinking wrong?

MightyWraps

Its just the access ink thats in the docking station. Sucks from thier to pump to waste bottle. Nothing changes in the heads. I am up and printing again. Just another day, right.