• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-160sp error 30 on ink fill

Will Guinter

Hello,

I recently bought a older jv3-160sp and the operator from the shop I bought it from gave me about 45minutes of training on it. At the time they bought a new Mimaki and he drained the ink lines, ran cleaner threw the system etc and cleaned everything.

I have the printer at my shop have ink cartridges in the printer everything is fine, detects the media etc.When I go and do a ink fill I get a Error 30 operation on the display.
I currently do not have a firewire cable to try and print from the RIP but I am thinking since the cleaner was ran threw the heads and lines are currently empty, thus why I am trying to do the ink fill.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 30 is a general operation error that could mean many things but in your case it most likely means that 1 or more of your cartridges are either empty or near empty. The machine will not fill if there is not enough ink in the cartridge and give error 30 to let you know something's up.