• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 160sp Ink chips trouble

meltade

Hello, I habe buyed a used mimaki jv3 160sp, when I habe installed refill cartridges, then turn on ask about wath kind inks are using after tell 4 color ss2 inks, on control panel apear CMYK and under this words XXXX
after that come freezed, HOW CAN FIX IT? are some one that can helpme?
I ignore if the old owner use original inks or granel, Please Help!!

meltade

ink chips

Hello, Please see photo for get exact problem that I get
thanks, say Set cartridges xxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• DSCF1343.jpg
    DSCF1343.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 417

MikePro

your problem may be one of 3 things:
a) all the ink cartridges are expired/empty
b) your machine is unable to read the chips on your ink cartridges
c) you're running some sort of bulk/refillable setup that has NO chips whatsoever and your machine is registering them as non-existant.

first time with this printer? or any wide-format printer?
might be worth the money to have a tech come in and get you going properly. these machines can be a workhorse if setup/maintained the right way, and can be expensive to fix if you try to just "plug&play" while expecting to perform like your typical desktop printer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm also wondering if possibly you set it to change out / flush the inks and it is wanting a set of flush carts puts in.... someone else recently got themselves stuck with their machine at that stage. Cannot remember what they did to get it out of it but it was a recent thread.

MikePro

I'm also wondering if possibly you set it to change out / flush the inks and it is wanting a set of flush carts puts in.... someone else recently got themselves stuck with their machine at that stage. Cannot remember what they did to get it out of it but it was a recent thread.
lol! ya i remember this too, and i've gotten myself in the same pickle. Powering-down completely, was the only fix.

johnyoung99

JV3 Permanent Chips - Go Bad????

Hi, Do permanent chips go bad? My yellow ink does not register and it has a permanent ink chip for bulk ink printing. The chip is less than a year old.

tbaker

that set cartridge error that you are seeing I'm willing to bet comes from doing a head wash.

You are being instructed to insert cleaning cartridges to complete the cycle. After that is done, you will be instructed to insert ink carts.

From my experience that's what you are looking at.

John, your issue isn't the chip, but the sensor. I have a remedy for it.

foss audio

that set cartridge error that you are seeing I'm willing to bet comes from doing a head wash.

You are being instructed to insert cleaning cartridges to complete the cycle. After that is done, you will be instructed to insert ink carts.

From my experience that's what you are looking at.

John, your issue isn't the chip, but the sensor. I have a remedy for it.

I am having the same issue. Please tell me, What is your remedy?

artbot

keep in mind, if you pushed a button that you didn't want to push, mimaki will not let you go backwards on some of these choices. if it means wasting a ton of ink and cleaning solution in order to get your machine back to normal, you can always disconnect the pumps. they will click away for all of their cycles (thinking they've disposed of all your precious ink) pumping nothing. when done you can reconnect the pumps and you are back in business.

zex123

I'm having the same problem too how to fix please help?

Attachments

• 20170324_203315.jpg
    20170324_203315.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 253