• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3-160sp just reads cartridge kkmmccyy

vansparrow

So long story short I turned off the printer because we did not have cleaner cartridges. Then did the fill up parameter trick to get it to boot right then, turned off the machine and unplugged it to pressed power button slowly 4 times to get the charges to reset it. but it still comes up with the cartridge kkmmccyy and error 30 when i press test and cleaning

Please i need help!

MikePro

when i used to get error30, it was because there wasn't enough media in the printer to cover the rear-sensor, thus not allowing the printer to run the test draw function.

vansparrow

This error tho is when the printer is on and it displays cartridge kkmmccyy before the whole restart it did not have that also it will not go to respond to the remote button.

MikePro

your ink cartridges wouldn't be expired would they?
if not, have you tried re-seating them?

i guess back to where the issue started...
so you started a HeadWash and cancelled it out when it prompted you to insert the cleaning cartridges, now leading the machine to keep prompting you KKCCMMYY?

MikePro

pull-out and re-insert.
use that time to stir the cartridge and feel if there's any ink left inside. You may have just sucked them dry during the fillupink, which does take quite a lot.
cartridge levels mean nothing to me in that machine, as I've had plenty of times where it would drop from four to zero. ...the trigger that "feels" the bag through the slot in the side of the cartridge sticks sometimes and doesn't get a proper reading until suddenly you're empty.

MikePro

doesn't have to be. only time you need to power-down the machine is when you're messing with/around electrical components

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hit enter a few times in local mode and it will cycle through any ink issues. You may see something like this on the screen:

Ink Not Original
kkmmccyy

or

No Cartridge
kkmmccyy

or

Expired Ink
kkmmccyy

vansparrow

just replaced the black ink and nothing happened! :banghead:, i cycled through and it says Kind of INK kkmmccyy.

After a head wash is there a step after your supposed to do, maybe iam missing that step my lines might be dry now... and maybe thats why it wont read the inks?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you refilled the machine did it ask what kind of ink you were using? You may have hit the wrong option and it is looking for a different ink type. I can't remember if the JV3s had other ink set options but the new printers let you choose between solvent/aqueous, SS21, ES3 etc. before you fill up. "Kind of ink" means is sees that you have ink in the cartridges but it's not the kind of ink it was expecting. The chip on the cartridge indicates what type of ink it is to the printer. You may have messed up the parameter that tells it what kind of ink you are using as well.

vansparrow

well we use eco solvent based inks and I chose the 4 color option could it be a different type? how can i go back and change it?

vansparrow

okay so i fixed the error i did a ss2<>ss ink and it did a fill up now all seems fine did a test draw and it printed blue and a little bit of black but i think thats because the lines were dry just did a nossle wash and am letting it soak then going to do a print of nothing put black and yellow to get the ink flowing again. Thank you everyone for all the help all the stress is off my shoulders now! Thank you again!