• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160sp Major Problems

Bdaniels230

Hello,
Our black head needed replaced and for about 2 weeks after replacing the head the printer worked great, (We put in the correct serial numbers). One day about 3 weeks ago it started banding straight black acrossed any material while at the same time print CMY normaly. first I tried letting it set unplugged for about an hour, problem still persisted. Until finally the Display Stopped ...well Displaying anything. I could not get any response from the printer at all.
We ended up calling a tech, who somehow over the phone determed that something was wrong with the Main Board. we ended up sending off the Main Board to be tested and it came back fine. We also sent the IO, IO2, Display, and Power Board to be tested...which all came back fine. now even after Double...Triple checking the wires and connections in the manual and our own drawn charts on where things went. I DO have a display thank god. but what it's showing is an error ( !Heater) and then below that it lists out the cartridges (YYCCMMKK). the printer will not go beyond this point. we are calling the tech today but i'd like to check other sources as well.
Any thoughts?

MikePro

definately a data error.
check your ribbon cables.... any drops of ink on them? Those little channels easily allow ink to run down from the cable to the connections.

WrapperX

Who did the head replacements?

Have you had any bad storms - lots of lightening? - in the 2 weeks that it was working well?

Bdaniels230

We did the head replacement. we followed the specific procedures layed out by our supplier. and to my knowledge I do not recall any major storms.

artbot

and you did a data swap at the slider board to determine that the new black head didn't blow? a long black stripe is usually a blown head or loose data ribbon, also you must check inside the data port on the head for ink.

georgerufus

Black continous horizontal lines. Mimaki JV3-160s

How did you solve this problem. i have a similar error. All boards have been tested and came back ok.

MikePro

this thread has been dead since 2011 and this guy hasn't posted since early 2k12d.
safe to say, he's fixed his printer and moved on :(