• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 160sp

idchad

Bought new heads and top caps for all 4 heads but only the black and magenta work.
The cyan and yellow are not getting ink.
Pulled the ink to the dampers and got it to fill and then tried to pull it from the
back threw the head but no luck. Did a ink fill did not work.
Any ideas on how to get ink to the new heads?

MikePro

out of curiosity, for diagnosing/direction.... what caused you to replace heads in first place?
my best-guess, without knowing for sure, is that you replaced the heads due to similar situation, heads not firing all nozzles, but the problem might not have been in the printheads themselves but the refreshing of the ink-siphon that feeds them.

The top 3 places you can lose suction that draws ink through the system, would either be the fit between the capping station and the printhead, a cracked manifold (black part on top of the printhead, with the nipple that inserts into damper), ooooor you have a rotted/cracked inkline within the ink pump mechanism.

Cracked manifold is typical of fiddling with/around the dampers, while the ink pump/capping station happens from longtime wear/tear of the machine. all 3 are easy fixes, but diagnosing/narrowing-down is a process.

edited: if cyan/yellow are BOTH not working, then that might be an easy diagnosis..... as they're both tied to the same ink pump. 2 pumps operate the system, and i believe they operate KM and CY respectively. try simply swapping the lines between the two ink pumps to confirm. ...and then order a new ink pump.

idchad

all heads were working but had dead spots in them and when you printed a image
the image would have 1/4 streaks running through the whole design.
So i got new heads, new top caps, new dampers, and 2 heads work but the other
2 can't get ink to the heads. if you print a design with the 2 colors working it still
has the 1/4 streaking.

idchad

also the manifolds are new they came with the print heads,i also tried to pull ink threw the head
connecting a syringe to the bottom of the top cap while docked.

idchad

I got ink to the heads i found out the top cap where the hose connects was not tight
enough and you would think being new it would have had a good seal.
Now trying to figure out the streaking problem will try to get out a picture posted.

idchad

Found out the streaking problem was not enough oil on the head bar.
It was catching enough to cause it to streak.