• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160sp

ChicagoGraphics

In need of some help.

I switched to a bulk cartridge system with permanent chips, now when I inserted the new cartridges, it say's to insert CMYKLcLm on the control panel yet the cartridges are already in the printer. Is there something I'm suppose to do, I was told they were plug and print.

Thanks in advace

Redz Signs Inc.

try powering down the machine unpluging it turnthe power on in the front to draing any remaining power in the maching. put the new carts in boot it back up .. hopefully that will solve the issue.

ChicagoGraphics

I will try that tomorrow when I get to work, but I did turn the printer off and turned it back on and it was the same. I will get all the power out of it and see what happends then.

artbot

there is one set of refillables out there that aren't jv3 friendly. you may have that kind.

... they are straight carts with a slightly large bulged backside. the filling hole is a square plastic piece with a metal ring. i tried these and had no luck. the supplier mentioned that they just didn't quite fit correclty for the jv3.

ChicagoGraphics

there is one set of refillables out there that aren't jv3 friendly. you may have that kind.

... they are straight carts with a slightly large bulged backside. the filling hole is a square plastic piece with a metal ring. i tried these and had no luck. the supplier mentioned that they just didn't quite fit correclty for the jv3.

Artbot,
It's not them, the cartridges I'm using are stright and has a round hole for filling ans there's another cap that looks to be like some air filter or something. The company I bought them from told me they are for the JV3's

artbot

as an experiment. put one of the chips off of a cart you now worked (triangle, mimaki, whatever.... ) if the cart doesn't show up with a transplanted chip that you know has miles to go on it, you can blame the cart design. maybe jv3's are finicky?

ChicagoGraphics

The chips are glued onto the cartridges, there is no screw or anything to remove them.
I'm starting to think I got riped off on these chips & cartridges.

Hi all hope you can help me out i have a mimaki jv3-160s and using flexisign pro 8.1 on windows xp i open flexi production manager to setup the mimaki and i get to the step were i need to find the printer port but i dont see any firewire port in the flexi dropdown box. i have been siting with this project for 1 month now.

cwb143

pull the cmos battery out of the board on the left lower side panel and stick it back in.
Its by the firewire plugin.

ChicagoGraphics

pull the cmos battery out of the board on the left lower side panel and stick it back in.
Its by the firewire plugin.

That's what the company told me to do, I don't want to sound dumb but where is the main board located at? I'm not at all technical and usually had a tech come in.

ChicagoGraphics

After turning the printer off and unpluging from the outlet then starting it back up I got an error 100, UISS right, anyone know what that is, has nothing in the manul.

cwb143

Its on the Lower leftside of the printer. either back or side. inside you'll see a board find the one that has a battery size of a nickle or so. pull it out stick it back in. Turn your printer on see what happens.

artbot

you have to unscrew and remove the firewire board too. it sounds precarious but it only takes about 20 minutes.

ChicagoGraphics

I found the battery on the mother board and removed it then stuck it back in after waiting 5 minutes, now it's seeing 3 chips of the six colors, I ordered a set of 6 color 440ml chips untill I get this resolved with the company I bought the permanent chips from.

Artbot, thanks a millinon for the service manual.

artbot

sure no problem. when you reboot. the machine will think it's 2001. in effect, if you buy or used an "expired" cart that cart will work in you machine because it will assume the cart will not expire for years to come.

ChicagoGraphics

Other then the machine being knocked back to 2001, is there anything else that would have changed on it? I mean all of my other settings stayed the same correct?