• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 250 sp, jet best brand, cyan ink (eco solvent) clogging print heads

Mega818503

Hi guys, asking for help once again, this time im having issues with the cyan ink (jet best brand). I need a permanent solution, ive been using this brand for a while and it been working fine. until the last 6 months it has fucked up my print heads twice,it seem like the pigments of that color are to thick, and I guest im not the only one in this. the place from i buy the print heads, they told me. "oh is it the cyan" when i told them about. so they knew.
any ways, can you guys recommend me a good third party ink that wont clog my print heads, and a place where can l buy high quality big dampers.
i tried triangle ink already and is so stinky, it caused me problems with my next door neighbor. thanks in advance.

E Coloney

I have used JET BEST (magenta only, not cyan) and don't use my printer frequently. I write the date on cartridges when I install them and the single JET BEST (440 ml) still in my machine is from January 2018! (It is near empty.) I make it a point to do a test print every other day that I don't use my machine and every third day when I'm gone (have a friend stop by). This seems to help tremendously to keep the heads in good order. If I go several "trips" of test print, I just back up the vinyl to overprint the test print patterns and discard individual decals, if necessary. Ultimately, ink and vinyl are incredibly cheap compared with changing print heads, which I've learned to do myself. In the meantime, I prefer to use the smaller, 220 ml cartridges and buy them from ATLAS SCREEN SUPPLY CO (www.atlasscreensupply.com). Reasonable pricing, good service, fast delivery. I am not associated with them in any way.

Edit: should have mentioned I'm using a Roland XC-540 with Roland compatible eco-sol ink.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi guys, asking for help once again, this time im having issues with the cyan ink (jet best brand). I need a permanent solution, ive been using this brand for a while and it been working fine. until the last 6 months it has ****ed up my print heads twice,it seem like the pigments of that color are to thick, and I guest im not the only one in this. the place from i buy the print heads, they told me. "oh is it the cyan" when i told them about. so they knew.
any ways, can you guys recommend me a good third party ink that wont clog my print heads, and a place where can l buy high quality big dampers.
i tried triangle ink already and is so stinky, it caused me problems with my next door neighbor. thanks in advance.

Premier Colour is the master distributor for Jetbest ink in the US. Please give us a call so we can help. We sold almost thousand bottle per month. We don't have cyan ink clogging the printhead reported to this date.

Mega818503

Hmm unbelievable that im the only one then. I have changed head twice in both printer. Always when l use jet best cyan it clog the head. Only that color. Idk if its that especif batch. But it been always 2 years. I have been mixing original mimaki ink with jet best.
When started to look bad. I putt original and gets better. But l need a permanent solution. Its frustrating.

Mega818503

I have used JET BEST (magenta only, not cyan) and don't use my printer frequently. I write the date on cartridges when I install them and the single JET BEST (440 ml) still in my machine is from January 2018! (It is near empty.) I make it a point to do a test print every other day that I don't use my machine and every third day when I'm gone (have a friend stop by). This seems to help tremendously to keep the heads in good order. If I go several "trips" of test print, I just back up the vinyl to overprint the test print patterns and discard individual decals, if necessary. Ultimately, ink and vinyl are incredibly cheap compared with changing print heads, which I've learned to do myself. In the meantime, I prefer to use the smaller, 220 ml cartridges and buy them from ATLAS SCREEN SUPPLY CO (www.atlasscreensupply.com). Reasonable pricing, good service, fast delivery. I am not associated with them in any way.

Edit: should have mentioned I'm using a Roland XC-540 with Roland compatible eco-sol ink.

Thanks
You know l buy the bottles. No the cartridges. For some reason the printer. Doesnt read them. So that why l use permanent chips. But thanks ill try. I appreciate it

InstantOneMedia

We had a similar issue with Triangle's black ink. We simply swapped out with the OEM black cartridge and it cleared the nozzles up. Perhaps try Mimaki Cyan and keep running the jet k,y,m. We ran OEM Black, and Triangle CYM for about 3 years until we fully switched to OEM.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Third party ink. I heard good things about Nazdar, Triangle, STS and Marabu. All have mix reviews because of the users who don't know dampers, cap top, printheads are consumables, who don't know that flushing the lines before using another third party ink might be required, who doesn't know how to diagnostic problem properly. If something happened, people assume it is the "ink". Yes there were problems with Jetbest ink about ten years ago. They identified the problem, they owned up to it, they made improvement. For the last six years, we did not see any recalls from Jetbest. Solid, reliable products that you can trust. We have Roland vs540, vs540i, Mutoh 628x and Mimaki jv150 printers in our southern California warehouse as of today for ink demo purpose. send us a print file. We will print It from one of the three and show the quality. No ink flush switching from OEM, print with OEM cartridges, save 50% over OEM. Lots of good user reviews on signs101. I sent the user messages, post on signs101 trying to help. Did not get any answer. Jetbest cyan ink sold by Premier Colour does not have any recalls or known problems - for the records.

www.premiercolour.com
www.jetbst.com

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hmm unbelievable that im the only one then. I have changed head twice in both printer. Always when l use jet best cyan it clog the head. Only that color. Idk if its that especif batch. But it been always 2 years. I have been mixing original mimaki ink with jet best.
When started to look bad. I putt original and gets better. But l need a permanent solution. Its frustrating.

You dont ever mix two types of ink on and off. Stick to one ink. It is not recommended to plug in an OEM or expired OEM any day you want. Is it an user error? I need more information.

Recommendation: Run cleaning solution through the cyan ink line. Make sure damper and cap top are in good condition. I would replace them. Remove cleaning solution and now prime with OEM or Jetbest cyan ink only. If should fix the problem. Feel free to call so we can help. We have seen someone said they are using Jetbest and when I got there, there is no label on the bottle. He said someone from China said it is a Jetbest. Go figure. You are in southern California, our certified tech will take care of this problem.

gabagoo

I have been using Jet Best for over 4 years now and have found that they are better than OEM as far as durability (scuffing) and I seem to be able to get a better colour range. I will say the ink is a little messier on the wiper and capping station but that might just be my printer which is over 10 years old and still going strong. I also experience that I don't have to be as aggressive with maintenance since switching over which leads me to believe that the ink is a little less viscous than OEM

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a friend that uses the Nazdar inks in his JV3s and says it prints great and doesn't have nozzle issues.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have been trying to reach out to mega818503 for assistance. We are not able to communicate with him. Jetbest ink does not clog. Probably the damper, cap top or printhead is near its lifespan.

Mega818503

Thanks guys l appreciate all the help. And thanks premier colour. I have bought jet best from you. And a couple of prints head. Well my partner did. And print head from somewhere else. And when l ask for the printer the seller they new. She said. Are u having issues with cyan. I said yes. Thats Thy l thought l wasn't the only one with these issue. We have been using jet best for many year. And suddenly the cyan started ruining my heads. Im tired of changing dampers and print head and what just fix the problem a little bit is when started going bad l put original cyan. Mimaki. And starts working okay. Again. I said ikay coz the head is already clogged in some parts. I think there a way to wash the print heads with the printer. Idk how. Help will be appreciated it.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thanks guys l appreciate all the help. And thanks premier colour. I have bought jet best from you. And a couple of prints head. Well my partner did. And print head from somewhere else. And when l ask for the printer the seller they new. She said. Are u having issues with cyan. I said yes. Thats Thy l thought l wasn't the only one with these issue. We have been using jet best for many year. And suddenly the cyan started ruining my heads. Im tired of changing dampers and print head and what just fix the problem a little bit is when started going bad l put original cyan. Mimaki. And starts working okay. Again. I said ikay coz the head is already clogged in some parts. I think there a way to wash the print heads with the printer. Idk how. Help will be appreciated it.

Mega818503,

Thank you for clarifying that. We appreciate it. Jetbest eco solvent ink for Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki will not clog your printhead if the maintenance is done right. We have factory trained technician to support what we sell.

premiercolour
714-668-9200
www.premiercolour.com
Los Angeles, CA

Mega818503

Here are some pictures hope for my two printers as you can see it's showing how de cyan color start failing and it's where l start with the original mimaki ink and the rest of the colors are okay all of them are the jet best

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_165028.jpg
    IMG_20190731_165028.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20190731_165021.jpg
    IMG_20190731_165021.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20190731_165025.jpg
    IMG_20190731_165025.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 180

Mega818503

Yeah. But why when a put the original mimaki ink start going back to normal. It makes sense right. But well thanks.ill save those numbers t

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Where did you buy the Jetbest ink? I can contact them to see why they are not taking care of you. If you want to be more specific on how long you have used the Jetbest ink. By changing the ink to another ink will not resolve the deflection. Give us a call so I can help.