• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 250sp printing backwards?????

ceggraphicsltd

Hi all, this is my first post here - ill introduce myself properly after ive posted this.

i have a jv3 250sp which i have just replaced the main board and i have a couple of problems.

all seemed fine - powered on perfect but i noticed that the up and down buttons on the control panel seemed to be backwards. i didnt really think anything of it at the time, but i tried to print something and it is trying to print it backwards???? i.e the roller is turning the opposite direction to the way it should!!

the mainboard came out of a 160sp and was fully functional, i have re checked all my connections and everything seems to be in the correct place.

i am hoping that someone can help me out here :)

thank in advance for any help.

Ade CEG Graphics

ceggraphicsltd

another question - as the mainboard came out of a jv3 160sp it is thinking that it can only print 1600mm wide, would i need to update/change firmware??

could this be causing the backwards printing problem?

thanks guys :)

artbot

just took out the main board of my 160sp. i took some pretty detailed photos of the ribbons/sockets. i'm out of town today, but if you need the photos, pm me your address and i can send them.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You need to boot it into service mode and tell the machine what it is. It still thinks it is a 160. It is one of the settings in there but I cannot tell you what it might be off the top of my head but it is one value that can tell the board it is a 75, a 160, or a 250. You will also need if at all possible the Parameter CSV file from the original mainboard which you have to make a backup of using the firmware upgrade tool while the original mainboard is still installed. Then run the firmware upgrade tool with the new board in and restore the parameters file to the new board. The machines operating parameters are NOT generic, they are specific to each and every machine and you really really need to make a backup of the parameters from the old board. If that is not possible a Mimaki dealer using the machines serial number can request the original file from Mimaki who has the parameters for every machine made archived.