• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 and FlexiSign 7.6.2 setup?

ColesCreations

Well- Big Day!

Finally got our brand new JV3-160SP in the door, and actually got it to print also!

6-color plus white setup. (CMYKcmWW)

Now, of course the colors were WAY off, then downloaded icc profile from SA website for Oracal 3651, 6 color, and printed on Oracal 651, but colors from a photo were now on the orange side, and a color chart I printed looked nothing like on the screen.

To get it to print gray, I un-clicked color-correction... (Green before, now fine)

Anyway, there are lots of settings in the Production manager, such as perceptual, US web coated, input profile, all greek to me, and hard to understand the info on the FlexiSign website.

Does anyone have a working setup, or suggestions how to set up the rip?

Maybe screen shots:thankyou:?

Any help is appreciated, i expect to spend some time getting to know this fine printer!

Oh- didn't want to spend $1500 for Rasterlink, since we already had FlexiSign Pro.

myronb

Oh- didn't want to spend $1500 for Rasterlink, since we already had FlexiSign Pro.

We run straight out of flexi & I think we get pretty good results. I understand there are more options in the stand-alone rip programs but I think flexi handles it pretty well.

As far as the color, its got to be a profile issue. You should be able to get OK colors right out of the box( maybe not great, but OK). It seems like when we first started with our JV3 I had a preset for oracal from both SA & Oracal. I think the one I ended up keeping was from Oracal-but I'm not positive about that. We run 4-color x2 so there may be something different with the six color.

ColesCreations

Thanks! But, how do you set up the input-icc-profiles and rendering intent etc? - how is that stuff set? Should not matter if it's 4 or 6-color.
There's a bunch of parameters in the rip I don't know how to set. Figured it was best to get this stuff set before starting to modify the icc profiles?

thewood

We have a JV3-160S 6-Color using the Flexi RIP. Here's what I suggest:

In the advanced tab, Set your rendering intents to Spot for all except bitmap. Set that to perceptual. I'm not at the shop, so I don't have everything in front of me. I think it's the input profiles that are set to Default RGB, CMYK and Greyscale.

ColesCreations

Anyone else with suggestions?

I tried different profiles for several different media, trouble is most profiles are for dual CMYK.

Also found that if you set "error diffusion" and fmxpress is embedded in the profile, things look really bad...

Looks like I need to surrender and buy some equipment to get the correct profiles, will post in Dig. printing forum for advice...