• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 leaking ink

levakbob

Hi, I would like to ask for help with my JV3. Overnight he leaked almost all black ink from both cartridges. The ink flowed slowly into a waste container. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My thought is the pump since it went to the waste container. The pump should not allow ink to pass when sitting.

levakbob

My thought is the pump since it went to the waste container. The pump should not allow ink to pass when sitting.

I read somewhere that the tube should be at an angle so that there could not settle fluid. That the plastic on the pump that moves up and down has some significance? I wondered if it locking up the tube. A pump is not necessary to completely close ...

MARAD

I read somewhere that the tube should be at an angle so that there could not settle fluid. That the plastic on the pump that moves up and down has some significance? I wondered if it locking up the tube. A pump is not necessary to completely close ...
Hi, do you know what a issue was with your printer ?
Hi, I would like to ask for help with my JV3. Overnight he leaked almost all black ink from both cartridges. The ink flowed slowly into a waste container. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you
Hi, do you know what a issue was with your printer ? can you let me know, Thanks

MikePro

a pump is necessary to close the line. you most likely need to replace it, especially if its never been replaced before.... that machine is OLD.
the printer operates like a siphon, firing the ink as it flows through, and stops the flow when parks on capping station attached to line that is closed by the action of the pump.