• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 Sp2 just first yello light on.

tetonsio

It all began with magenta ink not working. First the damper was replaced and pulled ink and made it work again. One week later the same problem so the same process was made but after connecting the damper and turning on the printer, did not turn on. All cables from the carriage and printheads were removed but still the same. Could be a faulty printhead that cause the carriage board to fail? May the mainboard suffer too?
I will disconnect the cable from the carriage board and check if printer and display turns on, if not, what can be done?
Anyone, thanks for a guide.

MACRO

Ok. Then try to disconnect all the print heads and see if something come on the display. Be careful and do that with your printer disconnected from the ac power

MACRO

Look like it's you motherboard. Check for some fuse .. but probably you made a shortcut and burned out a transistor. They are in the motherboard close to the aluminium heatsink

tetonsio

Ok. Could a printhead be blamed? After reinstalling a damper and magenta printhead the problem arised. Maybe a drop of ink inside the printhead connector? Or damaged printhead which was working fine could cause it? I will check the transistors....

MACRO

Could be ink in the connector or a damaged flat cable or you dropped some ink under the manifold. The faster way you have is to test the transistors.