• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki Jv3

zex123

motherboard repair service in Europe please??

I just have a green light on the button...
after poor putting the tape in one head...
does anyone know what the problem?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In general on the JV3s when you don't plug the head cable in correctly, it tries to protect itself by not powering on all the way. Double check all of your connections and use air duster to clean out the terminals. Replace any cables that have debris, ink, corrosion or physical damage. Once they all look good, try again. If it still doesn't work, the main board has probably been damaged and needs to be repaired. Unfortunately I do no know of a repair service in Europe.

zex123

In general on the JV3s when you don't plug the head cable in correctly, it tries to protect itself by not powering on all the way. Double check all of your connections and use air duster to clean out the terminals. Replace any cables that have debris, ink, corrosion or physical damage. Once they all look good, try again. If it still doesn't work, the main board has probably been damaged and needs to be repaired. Unfortunately I do no know of a repair service in Europe.
thank you, you always try to help!!!
is it possible that nobody knows how to fix it in Europe?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
is it possible that nobody knows how to fix it in Europe?

It's hard to find JV3 techs in general. They are older machines which means only the older techs will have experience with them. Older techs tend to work for dealers and/or the manufacturer or are retired. The manufacturer doesn't support the machine anymore so the dealers don't either. The only reason I have any experience with them is because I work on pretty much any machine that comes my way. I do tend to turn JV3 jobs down however because of their age. If you fix it, something else will break down the line and the customer always blames the last tech who worked on it for some reason.

zex123

It's hard to find JV3 techs in general. They are older machines which means only the older techs will have experience with them. Older techs tend to work for dealers and/or the manufacturer or are retired. The manufacturer doesn't support the machine anymore so the dealers don't either. The only reason I have any experience with them is because I work on pretty much any machine that comes my way. I do tend to turn JV3 jobs down however because of their age. If you fix it, something else will break down the line and the customer always blames the last tech who worked on it for some reason.

You're right, but I have to try to fix it ..