• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33-130 Leaving Black slant streaks on banner prints.

Devlinjay

We are using A Mimaki 54" jv33-130. When we print on 54 in banner material every so often there seems to be a black streak running on an angle on the print. We have tried several different brands of banner material and seem to have the same problem. All the other media we print on comes out with out a hitch. We noticed that under the rollers you will have a little bubble form. if the bubble rides straight with the roller you don't see any problems. but if the bubble start to shift at an angle that it seem like the print head hits it leaves a nice nasty black mark. We have tried a few things. We still get them on occasion but in order to just get one or two in a 50ft run we have to manually unroll the material from the roll and let it hang in the back and not let the machine pull it off the roll like it is suppose to work. Looking for any suggestions on fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Devlin

jrpaceys

Just a shot here, but have you tried lowering heat settings. Have had issues with media buckling because of too much heat with our CJV

Devlinjay

Just a shot here, but have you tried lowering heat settings. Have had issues with media buckling because of too much heat with our CJV

Yes. I have been playing with the heat settings also. It still bubbles up once every 4ft or so.... Thanks for suggestion. I'll keep at it.