• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-130 Review?

DetailsGS

Can anyone help me with a review of this machine.
i am ready to throw my mutoh under my truck and want to make the right choice next time. reliability is everything to me.
Print quality and performance and finally feasability on consumables etc.

Or feel free to send me in another direction.

Thanks in advance.

DK

Gabriel

Mimaki JV 33 is a good choice, but I would go for Roland RS 640 or SJ series. The quality it's the same on both brands but it's about speed. I think Mimaki is faster but Roland is more..."user friendly" and you can find service and spare parts much more easy then Mimaki. But this is just my opinion.

petesign

I love my Mimaki. Print quality is great, as long as you maintain it, clean it, etc.. it seems pretty reliable. We had a mimaki jv3 at a shop I worked at about 6 years ago, and when I started work there it had been neglected for a year... the wiper was actually frozen in place with dried up ink, and it still printed well.

Just replace the wiper when it needs it, clean it really good once a week and dont go too cheap on the auto-clean intervals and you are good to go. Wouldn't trade my Mimaki for anything out there, it might not be as sexy as a Roland, but it sure gets the job done.

Rooster

Mutoh, Epson, Roland and Mimaki are essentially the same technology with pretty minor differences between them.

What kind of problems are you trying to resolve by switching?