• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 error (MTR.ALM Y:CNT.OVER)

drozdk

Hello to everybody!

Plotter Mimaki JV33-160 stops printing at the beginning of the print and gives an error (MTR.ALM Y: CNT.OVER), manual say to power off and on the printer, it doesn't help.
Searching in the web in few forums i find to post that says that i need to change axis-y motor.
I can oil the head rail? Maybe it can help?
Please help me!
The technician cannot come today, and i have to finish some projectt:omg:

***The problem is solved by cleaning and oiling the rail.

Last edited:

Vinylman

Replace motor

Unfortunately replacing the motor seems to be what the code is telling you. Machines do fail from time to time and your customers will have to wait till it is fixed. One thing you could do is sub out your work to a Wholesale printer till you get your machine repaired. There are several Merchant Memberson this site that can be trusted and give great service.

Ponto

Sorry to hear about your printer issue ,... but just curious, have a look at my thread on a related Mimaki issue and let me know if your machine is pristine around the y-axis motor and associated belts or if your machine is suffering from the same debris as shown in the attached images....................JP

dispen

I experinced same issue.
We have JV5 which was used by other customers. When we encountered that issue, we called tech and he checked whether Carriage rail was soft or too hard to move the carriage.
He recognized there was really much amount of dust on the rail which prevented Carriage movement smoothly.
We used anti stain spray to resolve the dust.
Since then, the issue is gone.
moreover, I advice you to check the y-axis belts. They might have been damaged as well.
Lastly, Ifyou have another device with same model, you can swap the motors to see if the issue swaps as well.

odshawaii

Is the Y-Axis motor located on the left or right side (facing the rear) of the printer?

I've been experiencing this issue the last couple of days.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The motor is located on the right side of the machine if you are facing the back. I've never had to change one and I service a lot of these machines. I've never seen that error before either.

Edit: From the back the motor is on the left side. Sorry got my directions backwards.

odshawaii

The motor is located on the right side of the machine if you are facing the back. I've never had to change one and I service a lot of these machines. I've never seen that error before either.

Hmmm, so if I'm facing the front, is that motor on the right side (by the key pad) another motor?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sorry I got it backwards. I usually work from the front of the machine when describing where things are. From the front of the machine it is on the right side behind the panel.

odshawaii

Sorry I got it backwards. I usually work from the front of the machine when describing where things are. From the front of the machine it is on the right side behind the panel.

Haha - no problem, thanks for clarifying.

I believe I found it... applied some lubricant to the gears / bearings on that motor and the Y-pulley. Seems to be working fine at the moment (fingers crossed).