• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33-160 - missinG yellow

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Have to print a job 5x10 feet on Orajet. Did a testprint. All colors and nozzles OK. After printing one feet, the yellow ink is missing in both directions.
Did some cleaning, nozzle wash, ink filling. Nothing solves the problem.
Yellow is filled, cartridges full, dumper full. No yellow.
Switched off the machine, pulled out the powercord for an hour.
The yellow will not come back.

Anybody had such a problem?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Are you SURE the active yellow cartrdige is full? Sometimes they fail to flag as empty and switch to the other one. Might be something else but still make sure.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
It happened suddenly, after printing about one feet. I stopped the machine, did a testprint and the yellow was missing. Iam with this 2 days now.No chance of yellow coming back.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Could be a few things. Stuck cartrdige solenoid, capping station not sealing well, pump failing, air leak in the yellow lines somewhere. I'd try pulling the active (green) yellow cartrdige which will force it to switch to the other one. Then do an ink fill, and a nozzle soak for 30 minutes. Switching the cartrdige will rule out or free up a stuck valve. The ink fill and 30 minute soak to get the yellow back firing again.

4R Graphics

open the switch in the back behind the cartridges for both yellow carts (you can do this at the console but I like to just take some clening swab sticks and prop the the little plastic piece up so I know it is open) hook 2 syringes to the 2 yellow dampners at the same time draw ink into the syringes one then the other (leave the syringes connected until you draw ink into both of them) remove the syringes and then close the valves on the carts then do a hard clean or 2.

Try the nozzle check after that if it did not come back you need to check the cap station air in the lines and you may want to replace those dampners just to be safe.

Hope this helps post back and let us know.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Yesterday, I did not mess around with the machine.
This morning, switched the machine on, loaded the orajet media,did a test print and the left yellow was there. Did a normal cleaning cicle, test print, and the yellow was full back again.
I am printing as normal.

There is no reason for what happened.

4R Graphics

If the yellow goes away again on you I would change the dampners as i have had this happen to me several times (especially with the cheaper dampners non OEM) they dont seal as tightly on the head nipples as the OEM ones do and they will give you problems.

I ordered 12 new dampners once as spares and had to throw away 4 of them until I got one that would seal well. They were causing the problem that you discribed in this post. They were the non Oem dampners I use OEM now they cost 3 times as much but I dont have these kinds of problems anymore.

I noticed that the dampners with the grey colored rubber are the ones that dont always seal well and the ones with the blue rubber seal very well. In fact you can actually feel the difference when you pu them on the blue ones are a lot snugger.

Glad your back up and running.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Many aftermarket parts are fine but the 2 that have caused me problems multiple times in the past are dampers and pumps. I will only use OEM for those anymore.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
After 2 days of printing, the yellow vent again out of print. Suddenly, in the middle of a job.
I will replace the dumpers. I did this on monday, this week and after filling ink and cleaning nothing happened.
I let the machine alone during a day and the yellow came back. Printed two days and it happened again.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Again xchanged the dumpers but I have only the ones with grey seals. I am doing ink fill now.

inkmed

Had you replace the yellow head cable? if the head cable is new one, you can try replug it.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

ludwig

Hightec in Print
The yellow come back again, after I did not mess around with the machine for about 18 hours. And it is printing for 2 days now.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My suspicion is that one of the ribbon cables is damaged and making an intermittent connection. There was a tech notice on the main bundle that goes from the slider board to the main board where they were getting bent and flexed too much. Could also be on the double one that goes from the slider board to the head.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Missing Yellow

Last friday, it started all over again. In the middle of a 10 foot print, yellow out. No fading, just switched off.

I will check the cables. There can be a faillure here.

tomence

I think the problem is in the capping station. When i had my JV3 i had the same problem you are describing and what i did was changed the capping station and the two pumps and since then never had ink failure. I did buy OEM parts.

4R Graphics

Did you ever buy OEM dampers?

I have had the same experiences with it going on and off and bad sealing dampers were the problem.