• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki JV33-160 Tesst Print Scan vs Feed?

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
I have a JV-33-160 and it will only print a test print in the feed direction. I have read every manual I can find and I do not see where to change this option in the menu. It says that it is under the "Machine Setup" menu, however i cannot find it. I don't know if I need a firmware update or what.

I am on version 1.40.0

Any help would be great.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a JV-33-160 and it will only print a test print in the feed direction. I have read every manual I can find and I do not see where to change this option in the menu. It says that it is under the "Machine Setup" menu, however i cannot find it. I don't know if I need a firmware update or what.

I am on version 1.40.0

Any help would be great.

When you push the test print button it pops up and says Feed, you just need to push the down button before hitting enter and it will change to Scan.

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
When you push the test print button it pops up and says Feed, you just need to push the down button before hitting enter and it will change to Scan.

That is exactly how it worked on my old jv33, however on this one there is no other option when I hit the "test print" button. I have tried to get it to arrow down or up and nothing. It is like the option is not there.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is exactly how it worked on my old jv33, however on this one there is no other option when I hit the "test print" button. I have tried to get it to arrow down or up and nothing. It is like the option is not there.

I'd be willing to bet it's a firmware issue then. They probably didn't add that until later on. You could try just upgrading and see if that works.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Where do you find the upgrades? I looked on the mimakiusa page and found nothing.

I thought they had it on there like Mutoh does but guess not. I would contact your local dealer and see if they can supply it for you. Mimaki recently made us all sign an NDA so I am not allowed to just give it out over the internet but a dealer you work closely with should be able to help you out. Also, the file might be able to be found on the internet as well. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
I thought they had it on there like Mutoh does but guess not. I would contact your local dealer and see if they can supply it for you. Mimaki recently made us all sign an NDA so I am not allowed to just give it out over the internet but a dealer you work closely with should be able to help you out. Also, the file might be able to be found on the internet as well. Sorry I can't be of more help!
I totally understand. Thank you for the help. I thought I was losing it overlooking something.