• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 and Old DX5 Printhead

Ralph King

There are used Epson printers available locally that use the DX5 printhead. Can these existing printer printheads be used in a Miamki JV33 printer, or has the firmware been altered to block this option?

New printheads are available from SolventInkJet, which I believe to be a reputable company, but I'd like to save some money by using a used printhead.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
"I'd like to save some money by using a used printhead."

This is just a bad idea all the way around.

I'm pretty sure the DX5 won't work either, Mimaki likes to lock their machines down pretty tight. I could be wrong though, if you are feeling adventurous I say go for it and let us know how it goes.

Ralph King

"I'd like to save some money by using a used printhead."

This is just a bad idea all the way around.

I'm pretty sure the DX5 won't work either, Mimaki likes to lock their machines down pretty tight. I could be wrong though, if you are feeling adventurous I say go for it and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to purchase a new head.