• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Color Drop Out

TheSnowman

I'm not sure what kind of an issue I'm having here. I came in today, printed some stuff, all was well, then on my next print, my Magenta dropped out mid print. I did several cleanings and an ink fill and got it back, started to print, and it dropped out again. Repeat the cleaning and ink fill, great test print, drops out mid print. I've kind of always had trouble with this since Advantage came and put a new head and dampers in early this spring, but have since cut ties with them due to how they had handled some other transactions.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? It's getting frustrating only printing 3ft and having a total different test print each time. On the last one, I even started losing yellow randomly. It's perfect when I start, and then instantly lose a ton of nozzles, or all of them of one damper. Haven't had any issues for several months.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8928.jpg
    IMG_8928.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,713
  • IMG_8927.jpg
    IMG_8927.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,245

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would suspect a bad magenta damper or a bad seal between the damper connector and ink line. Do you know how old the cap top is? If it is over 1-2 years old I would change it. Also, double check that the pump is not clogged on either side and/or one of the tubes is not connected anymore. There should also be a blue stopper connected to the cap top on the 3rd hole. If that is not there is can cause similar issues. Other than that, double check that the ink cartridge actually has ink in it. If it is empty and not flagging the machine, it will cause this issue.

If everything seems good, change the damper and the fittings involved.

TheSnowman

Dampers are all new as of probably March, so I'd probably suspect that last. I haven't ever messed with the printer much myself, but I'll look into the cap top situation.

TheSnowman

Ordered a cap. Hopefully it gets here sooner than later and I can wrap this thing up.

UPDATE: Also did a little cleaning around the cap with a swab (which I've really never done I guess) and it seems to be printing good....for now.

getcustomized

yea i'd say its definitely the cap top. they can harden over time and lose effectiveness. I always keep a spare one on hand. Also a 30 min nozzle wash then a normal cleaning couldn't hurt