• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Cyan Printhead....in problem,

Area51Graphix

Hi Mersid03!

Your problem can be cause by a lot og things, You can start by doing a nossle wash for about 45 minutes and a strong cleaning.

If your problem is still the same maybe you have to take a close look to the capping station for inperfection ( you have to look with a magnifier lens for any inperfection in the rubber seal around the capping) if there any inperfection the head gets air in. Trust me one time have this problem.

Hope this can help you, sorry for my english I´m from venezuela.

Mersid03

Hi, Graphix,

Thanks for your response,

Do you have Service manual for Mimaki JV33,

I'm technician for HP, I can guess what causes this problem.
If i had service manual, that would help me a lot!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Mersid03

Head wash,
Hard cleaning,
Cap does not have inperfection,

Nozzle test is like before,

Note: Printer has on Bulk ink system, (made in Korea),

I just to stress, dumper on the Cyan have more ink(in side), then other color!
Printer working on 4 color.

Mersid03

Sunchemical is great ink, we selling this ink for another digital printer Seiko, Roland, big printer Vutek, DGI etc....this ink working

I don't know what is solution for problem on Cyan nozzle!!!???

COREYAARON

Hey man, i'm a Mimaki tech. Besides doing cleanings and nozzle washes is there any ink on the ribbon cables to the right? The cables should have a white foam block that rests between the cables and the side of the print head to avoid liquid hitting the connectors. Also, check the seating of any ribbon cables to the head and also the ink slider board above the head. Worst case scenario you can take out the cyan damper and manually flush the head using a syringe and cleaning solution. The easiest way to do it is elevate the head using (# adjust, capping adj., then power off....or.....func, maintenance, carriage out and power off.) good luck

bigpix

Printheads available online?

@coreyaaron
Hey, we just found out our service contract for our JV33 will no longer cover printheads (including the dreaded Cyan mentioned in this thread):frustrated:. At the risk of hijacking the thread, are replacement heads available online any cheaper than through the dealer?

tbaker

The DX5 printheads are relatively new to the scene, subsequently they carry a bigger price tag, there are a few people here on s101 that offer aftermarket heads, looks around.

tbaker

ok, back to the original problem above; This particular issue really does look like a cap station gone bad, I don't see any yellow in the test print, and the cyan looks very dark, leading me to believe cross contamination of the ink in the cap station.

here is what I recommend, inspect your pumps, your pumps should have a good strong sound when they cycle ( they click) you should be able to hear this distinctly. Do a nozzle wash, when doing this observe the following... manually fill the cap with cleaning solution, does the cap hold the solution? If not, chances are, your pumps are worn and need to be replaced. If it DOES hold the cleaning solution, then look at the cap immediately following the wash, you should see distinct bands of color in it, ( those are the jets firing)

After that, you can check your capping position, cross contamination is most commonly cause by improper flash/absorb positions, you should have a solid 1mm of space between the top of the cap and the bottom of the head in the flash and absorb position.

Sorry for the wall of test, something like this isn't really a simple solution. it requires a process of elimination. If your printer hasn't been serviced within the past 18 months, and you do significant printing, I would recommend replacing your pumps, your cap station and your dampers. Think of it as a tune-up for your printer.