• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33: Error 03 power +5v

Stick It On

Hi, Today I finally replaced the print head cap on my JV33 and printed a job after months of inaction... after ten minutes of printing the machine beeped 3 times, display screen was blank, but power light still on... the raster link status displayed a message stating the print job had been cancelled. After attempting to restart the printer with no response, the display finally lit up and displayed: " ERROR 03 POWER +5V ", before going blank again. While trying to turn the power on and off I did notice a crackling sound coming from the power supply area.

Now from the Maintenance manual found in the Mimaki Bible thread (Thank you!), error 03 is related to the control circuit board. The remedy is: 1. replace power PCB,
2. replace main PCB.

I was thinking because these are two relatively expensive replacement options, it might be worth paying a technician to figure out which card is faulty... or does anyone have an opinion as to whether it is worth the gamble to replace one PCB or the other first!

Thanks

Mark

MikePro

o man, that's horrible. hopefully someone else here is able to walk you through it, but that kind of repair can be sketchy and it still might not be certain of how big this can of worms really is.

At this point, it just makes sense to get a tech out there and take the gremlin out of your machine for ya. It is too valuable to not be making you money, and a slip-up on the next series of repairs could put a few thousand nails in your coffin :)